Beardie hiding

Mollysn28

Hello guys. My bearded dragon Sorcha is 7 months old. She has a 4×2×2 enclosure. She eats salad every morning, and I mix up her bugs between super worms, meal worms, and dubias. She eats well, and I've been giving her bugs like once a day, though still every day. She is pooping normally, too. Her basking spot still gets up to about 105°F. She has a uvb tube light, reptisun, that is just shy from its 6 month mark. Lately, by noon, she is hiding in one of her caves and will stay there all day. This has happened probably for the last 4 days. Maybe my UVB needs to be replaced? Or perhaps the basking temp isn't appropriate for her age/size anymore. I live in the vegas heat, but I keep the temp in my house at about 69°f. Could she be trying to brumate from the cold a.c? I'm gonna get her a new uvb today. Her beard isn't black either. Aside from her hiding most of the time these last few days. Any thoughts? 😭

Attachments

• 20230509_143548.jpg
    20230509_143548.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 101

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello guys. My bearded dragon Sorcha is 7 months old. She has a 4×2×2 enclosure. She eats salad every morning, and I mix up her bugs between super worms, meal worms, and dubias. She eats well, and I've been giving her bugs like once a day, though still every day. She is pooping normally, too. Her basking spot still gets up to about 105°F. She has a uvb tube light, reptisun, that is just shy from its 6 month mark. Lately, by noon, she is hiding in one of her caves and will stay there all day. This has happened probably for the last 4 days. Maybe my UVB needs to be replaced? Or perhaps the basking temp isn't appropriate for her age/size anymore. I live in the vegas heat, but I keep the temp in my house at about 69°f. Could she be trying to brumate from the cold a.c? I'm gonna get her a new uvb today. Her beard isn't black either. Aside from her hiding most of the time these last few days. Any thoughts? 😭
Please adjust her surface basking temp to 95-100 -- is the UVB and T 5 or a T8? And where do you have it placed for the tank? Inside the tank or top of screen? Your screen will determine where the UVB needs to go

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Please adjust her surface basking temp to 95-100 -- is the UVB and T 5 or a T8? And where do you have it placed for the tank? Inside the tank or top of screen? Your screen will determine where the UVB needs to go
Reptisun t5 i think.. And I have it inside.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom