Beardie Fighting Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

7hunder68

My Beardie has recently been trying to fight her reflection. I was feeding her today and she saw her reflection, and immediately ignored the food and ran over to it. Then, she started bumping the glass with her snout. The thing is, she doesn't seem angry when doing this. It seems like she actually brightens up when doing this. She is around 11 months old, and 16in long.

When beardies do that it's called glass surfing. They can do it for a lot of reasons from stress, the enclosure being too small, or even just as a sign that they want to get out of their tank.

I think your beardie just got distracted and saw its reflection probably thinking it was another bearded dragon. It is completely normal behavior, you just have to step back and think about why they are doing and fix the situation if need be.

Hope this helped :D

7hunder68

Original Poster
Sorry for the late reply. How do i stop her from seeing her reflection? Could I just put printer paper on the inside of the glass until I get a wallpaper?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah. Or newspaper or printed out photos or some fabric. You can get pretty creative with different backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom