Beardie Eye Infection

avaw

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rascal
Update!
Hes having surgery to remove his eye entirely as the vet has never seen something like this and is not exactly sure if its the eye or the tissue surrounding thats causing the problems. Hes been back to the vet every few days for the last two weeks to drain the fluid but it keeps filling up again and antibiotics is not helping much. I was very worried about the surgery and if i should euthanise instead since Rascal had barely eaten in those two weeks and i was concerned he would just be in a lot of pain and die even after the surgery due to not wanting to eat or move etc. However, in the last two days hes changed completely! He hasnt had much of an appetite for veggies but has been eating a lot of large crickets, has been quite active and even just in the lat hour been very interested in his water bowl and has gone for a swim as well as had a few big drinks. because of this im feeling better about the surgery and thinking he should be able to make a full recovery, minus the eye. the surgery is another $450 + an additional 350 (and whatever medication he will need for the recovery or possible euthanasia if hes in too much pain) to send off the removed tissue to test for cancer and anything else problematic. I am not getting it sent off and tested because my savings won't cover that and I'm a jobless 15 year old but at the end of the day its just money and its worth spending the $450 for hopefully a few more years with Rascal.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom