Beardie Croak Noises

Sponge

Original Poster
Hello. I have a beardie of about 4 1/2 years old. Recently took him to the vet because he had a lack of diet. The vet gave me 3 medicines, 2 for diet supplements, protein and calcium and such, and the other for pinworms he had when he was born. I give him those orally and.Ever since then he has been making a weird croaking noise like he may be choking. Gave him a bath and is still the same. I will be calling the vet tommorow. He lives in a 120 gallon tank, with a sized accordingly uvb bulb and 100 watt heat lamp. His temperatures on basking (105), high side (96), and low side (78) and the humidity is about 35. I would appreciate any help and suggestions 🙏
Thank you
attached is a video of him doing the Croak noise.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has your dragon had a black beard?
Can you tell me what medications he has been given?
Based on the video, it sounds like he has aspirated some of the fluids given to him orally.
Can you place him on a slight decline for sleeping tonight & try to keep him a little warmer
overnight, usually around 75-80F is fine. That can help to boost his system some.
Didi they do a fecal exam on him? If the pinworms weren't high levels, he likely didn't really
need any medications for those right now.
Which UVB type/brand are you using?

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom