Beardie Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

lturcot0

I am a new beardie owner and I was just curious about the different colors of bearded dragons. I got Rex from a pet store so does that make him like.. a mutt? :oops: I dont know the term but I have read a lot on here about people getting dragons from breders? Is this pretty similar to people who breed cats and dogs in the sense that you have your "pure breds"? It seems that some people have very colorful dragons so I was assuming people bred these dragons to produce vibrant colors? Rex was a dark brown when I got him but after a few sheds he seems the be turning a yellow or orange color. Is there a point when their colors stop changing or will he change throughout his life? Sorry I am such a newbie! Reguardless I <3 Rex!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
My boyfriend and I have one "normal" dragon (who is beautiful and sweet and I love soo much) and one "morph". morphs are the highly colored dragons you see. Unless you are breeding dragons, it really doesn't matter what their bloodlines are.
Here is our morph (her colors probably havn't fully developed yet)
DSC_0754.jpg

Here is our "normal" dragon (although he's proven he is anything but normal at times)
127.jpg

There is quite a bit of difference even within the normals. Some, like Tyson in my opinion, hve beautiful colors despite being "normal". Take your dragon in the sun to see his/her true colors!
Sara

*edit* Bathtime pics also really bring out their colors

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
They are black. I think he looks like a hypo too and I call him my little hypo. He was bought from a pet store though so we don't know parentage or even exact age. I'll have to try to get pics of him in the sun- he is stunning!
Sara

*edit* more pictures of both of my dragons can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=839161
If you want to see more pictures of dragons of both morphs, look in the "for sale" section or "photo expressions"

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that!
PS... my Lilly is from thedragonhut.com too!
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom