Beardie Acting Wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehk10

My beardie is 7 months old, 18 in long, and normally poops every day. The past 5 days she has only pooped once and that was in the bathtub. She hasnt slept in 2 days. When I go to bed at around 1 she is just basking under the infrared light that the vet said would give her heat but she could still sleep. She wakes me up at 4:00 running around on her tile. She runs for a little bit then sits in the same spot all day. She still eats the same. What is wrong with her?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Pooping just once a day, or even once every few days as they get older is normal, so i wouldnt be too worried, but it sounds as if his/her sleeping pattern is being diturbed by the light. It's a shame a vet recommended this bulb as it is known tht they can see both blue lights and red ones, without a proper nights sleep they cam become lethargic and go off food.

I would turn it off. Unless the temps drop below 65f at night you really dont need anything. In the wild the temps can drop to 40f. As the above poster suggested, if the temps do drop down a ceramic heat emmiter would be reccomended as they bump the temps up without producing light.

By the sounds of it, the temps arent dropping low enough for your baby to know its time to sleep!! What are the night time temps??

And just to check, what UVB are you using, brand is very important here, and what basking bulb are you using? Also what are the daytime temps? (basking, ambient and cool side?) and what are you using to measure them with?

Buggsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verzx
Top Bottom