Bearded Dragons/Savannah Monitors: Trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 5 bearded dragons, two that are 3 1/2 years old, and three that are almost 2 years old. I also have two savannah monitors, both who are about 2 years old. I am going on a 4-5 day trip, and am asking if they are going to be alright. They all are healthy and at a good weight, and their heat lamps and lights are all on timers. I will feed them some extra right before I leave for the trip, and attend to them as soon as I get home. I will supply them with a fresh, large bowl of water as well as a smaller bowl for reinforcement if they defecate in their bowls. They will all get baths, too, to make sure they are hydrated in case they don't drink (although all my lizards drink still water). None of them have any health issues or special needs, so that's okay. Will they be fine?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, yes they will be fine. The beardies won't even drop a gram of weight in most cases. You should have an emergency contact to check on them though in case you were to run in to trouble for some reason and be delayed.

SavannahDragons

Original Poster
I'm driving, and the whole time I will be within 5-6 hours away from them... do I need an emergency contact? It's that I don't really have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom