Bearded Dragon X-rays!

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting on this page so I’m pretty new here. I have a male beardie, his name is Gus and he is about 2 1/2 years old. I recently took Gus to the vet because there was a little hard spot in his tummy and two near his two hind legs, the two on his hind legs are even with eachother and both feel identical. There was also little traces of blood in his poop which is another reason I took him in. Long story short, I took him to two vets, and they both gave me the same response. They told me the hard spots I was feeling were organs and the blood was due to parasites. They gave me medicine for the parasites and he has been taking that for the last 5 days, 2 more days to go until he’s finished. Since his medicine his poo isn’t bloody but he is still struggling a little bit to poop. I think it may be due to the medicine but he’s not been wanting to eat much, he will gladly eat bugs but when it comes to his greens and veggies he’s been being picky. Overall his behavior is fine, when I take him out he is very playful and alert, loves to run around and climb, his color is bright and colorful and he hasn’t been giving me any black beard, stress marks or signs of illness aside from his poo. I’m going to try to attach the X-rays to this thread and see how you guys feel? The vets checked him out and said he was fine but I’m still worried just because I’m paranoid and anxious. I also have trust issues. Google also told me it could be an abscess or tumors so I’ve been stressing a lot even though the vets said he was okay. I even asked them if it could be an abscess or tumor and they said no. Maybe it’s just me but the X-rays look off? I’m no expert and I know nothing about X-rays but I’m still just worried. Someone please respond!
AIS Viewer Login << X-rays

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey everyone! This is my first time posting on this page so I’m pretty new here. I have a male beardie, his name is Gus and he is about 2 1/2 years old. I recently took Gus to the vet because there was a little hard spot in his tummy and two near his two hind legs, the two on his hind legs are even with eachother and both feel identical. There was also little traces of blood in his poop which is another reason I took him in. Long story short, I took him to two vets, and they both gave me the same response. They told me the hard spots I was feeling were organs and the blood was due to parasites. They gave me medicine for the parasites and he has been taking that for the last 5 days, 2 more days to go until he’s finished. Since his medicine his poo isn’t bloody but he is still struggling a little bit to poop. I think it may be due to the medicine but he’s not been wanting to eat much, he will gladly eat bugs but when it comes to his greens and veggies he’s been being picky. Overall his behavior is fine, when I take him out he is very playful and alert, loves to run around and climb, his color is bright and colorful and he hasn’t been giving me any black beard, stress marks or signs of illness aside from his poo. I’m going to try to attach the X-rays to this thread and see how you guys feel? The vets checked him out and said he was fine but I’m still worried just because I’m paranoid and anxious. I also have trust issues. Google also told me it could be an abscess or tumors so I’ve been stressing a lot even though the vets said he was okay. I even asked them if it could be an abscess or tumor and they said no. Maybe it’s just me but the X-rays look off? I’m no expert and I know nothing about X-rays but I’m still just worried. Someone please respond!
We need Tracie to look at the X rays and the link is not working--- please go over the UVB your using coil or long tube - surface basking temps and how your taking them-- the struggling to poop could be he is dehydrated -- how does he get water and when they are on meds its best to give them extra or offer water-
@Drache613

Couurtneyyy

Original Poster
We need Tracie to look at the X rays and the link is not working--- please go over the UVB your using coil or long tube - surface basking temps and how your taking them-- the struggling to poop could be he is dehydrated -- how does he get water and when they are on meds its best to give them extra or offer water-
@Drache613
How can I upload the X-rays?

Couurtneyyy

Original Poster
@Drache613
He gets his water from his bowl and he also tends to eat things with high water content like fruits. But I will offer him some water by a small syringe tube and see if that will help!

Couurtneyyy

Original Poster
IMG_6694.jpeg
IMG_6692.jpeg
IMG_6693.jpeg
IMG_6691.jpeg

Can you see these?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
An eyedropper is a better way for water, you can control the amount much better 🙂

Couurtneyyy

Original Poster
Yes please be careful offering by syringe they can aspirate so please go slow and let him swallow what you put in -- please go over the lighting questions I asked earlier Tracie will ask the same questions
He has a heat and uvb lamp right above his tank. I believe both are by the brand Reptisun (bought from petsmart) and his heat lamp is 100W. I will attach some photos. I cant find the box for his UVB lamp he has but again I believe it’s from reptisun.
IMG_6708.jpeg
IMG_6709.jpeg
IMG_6710.jpeg

Couurtneyyy

Original Poster
Also here is my boy :)

Attachments

• IMG_6702.jpeg
    IMG_6702.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6494.jpeg
    IMG_6494.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5942.jpeg
    IMG_5942.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 47

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Also here is my boy :)
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers - the analog is incorrect for surface basking temps-- the uvb is a coil and a health hazard - please get one of these - a 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 bulb or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb 24 watt found at PetSmart or a 24" sunblaster nano tech - I can post links if you need them - please get this changed out as soon as possible

Couurtneyyy

Original Poster
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers - the analog is incorrect for surface basking temps-- the uvb is a coil and a health hazard - please get one of these - a 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 bulb or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb 24 watt found at PetSmart or a 24" sunblaster nano tech - I can post links if you need them - please get this changed out as soon as possible
Yes links please. I’ll purchase them as soon as I can. I thought the bulbs I had for him had always worked good though? What’s wrong with them if I may ask?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes links please. I’ll purchase them as soon as I can. I thought the bulbs I had for him had always worked good though? What’s wrong with them if I may ask?
Coils are inadequate they do not provide the uvb that dragons require - I will get the links posted here in a bit

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Basking bulb is ok as long as its keeping your surface basking temps of 95-100 --- please adjust accordingly
Here are the links
24" Zoo Med Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood it will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you want this one 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb or this one from Pet Smart
12% bulb 24 watt Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun posted above
24" or 2 ft https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
please let me know when you get the UVB I will help you get it placed for your tank the screen will determine where it needs to go

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

As Karrie suggested, definitely upgrade & change out your
current UVB to help out with health & overall bone density.
Overall he looks very good. His body condition looks great &
his colors are vibrant. I don't see anything off about the X-rays,
maybe a few pockets of air or gas possibly. I don't see anything
resembling tumors at the moment. The bones look bright white
on the X-rays.
Medication can cause or contribute to constipation simply due
to increased dehydration. I would begin giving him some sugar
free applesauce, along with canned or fresh pumpkin or squash
a few times weekly. This will give some fiber into his system to
help increase water in his GI tract.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom