Bearded Dragon Sluggish

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinoGuy515

Beardie name(s)
Goro
I've had my beardie for a few months now, and I've noticed that they're seeming to be more sluggish, they barely move around. When feeding her live bugs she won't eat unless I bring them right up to her. On top of this, she hasn't pooped since Monday I believe. I gave her a bath yesterday but it didn't seem to help. I don't know what to do, whether or not the temperatures or feeding or something is off and she's not healthy.

DinoGuy515

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goro
I've had my beardie for a few months now, and I've noticed that they're seeming to be more sluggish, they barely move around. When feeding her live bugs she won't eat unless I bring them right up to her. On top of this, she hasn't pooped since Monday I believe. I gave her a bath yesterday but it didn't seem to help. I don't know what to do, whether or not the temperatures or feeding or something is off and she's not healthy.
Pictures of her, I also forgot to mention she does this weird “gulping” thing very often.

Attachments

• 141D251C-7F3A-4C85-99EB-D9839E8C422E.jpeg
    141D251C-7F3A-4C85-99EB-D9839E8C422E.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 64
  • 83343109-520F-481D-BEBF-86EDA2504A75.jpeg
    83343109-520F-481D-BEBF-86EDA2504A75.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 65

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Please go into detail about your temperatures, uvb and diet. That’s how the people on here can help figure out what’s going on:)

DinoGuy515

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goro
Please go into detail about your temperatures, uvb and diet. That’s how the people on here can help figure out what’s going on:)
The hot side of the tank is usually around 90-95F, and the cool side is usually around 80F. I don’t know about the specifics of the UVB, I don’t have the box anymore. I feed her 3 times a day, a salad with carrots and collard greens in the morning, zilla omnivore mix midday, and recently black soldier fly larvae at night.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
The UVB is very important to digestion and their overall health so you may want to get a new one. they need to be replaced every 6 to 12 months depending on the brand and type. Is it a tube or a coil? @KarrieRee Is great at helping with lighting and UVB.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The hot side of the tank is usually around 90-95F, and the cool side is usually around 80F. I don’t know about the specifics of the UVB, I don’t have the box anymore. I feed her 3 times a day, a salad with carrots and collard greens in the morning, zilla omnivore mix midday, and recently black soldier fly larvae at night.
Please look on the UVB bulb is it a tube fixture or a coil? Your basking temps how are you taking them?

DinoGuy515

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goro
I believe this is what I use, or something very similar Zoo Med ReptiSun Compact Fluorescent (10.0 UVB)_LQ Amazon.com
I’ve had her since October, so it is almost time to renew the UVB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Planning on getting a temperature gun soon, for now I just have a stick on thermometer on both sides, which I know isn’t super accurate
Please get 2 digital probe thermometers one for the basking side one for the cool side - please tell me what UVB your using - this can be a cause for the sluggish behavior--- never mind please do not get another coil UVB ----- you need a long tube fixture 24" for a 40+ gallon tank -
this comes w / a 5.0 bulb you want a 10.0 bulb 22"
Please get this ordered as soon as you can -- your dragon is not getting enough UVB - when you get it please post back on here so we can help you get it placed for your tank - it will depend on your screen on the tank

Last edited:

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I believe this is what I use, or something very similar Zoo Med ReptiSun Compact Fluorescent (10.0 UVB)_LQ Amazon.com
I’ve had her since October, so it is almost time to renew the UVB
You definitely want to get a tube fixture. Compacts/coils like this are notorious for inadequate UVB which would definitely be a cause for the sluggish behavior and not wanting to eat.

DinoGuy515

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Goro
I’ll get right on that, hopefully I can get it within the next few days. I’ll update if anything happens

Laura Kathryn

Beardie name(s)
Peache Troy
This happened to my girl as well . P.S. I've always had adult rescues. So last spring, I got a hatchling
At like 6 months old she was acting just like this . Got her to the vet( healthy visit and was preparing to go in her deep sleep to brumate. I was told to keep her awake ,and in the bath a lot . Pass any feces, she finally did . And has now been fast asleep since the begining of Nov. 2021. Go get a check up it's not expensive. Peace of mind . Keep us posted. Do not force her to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom