Bearded Dragon not pooping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit concerned as of recently. My bearded dragon, 7 months old, was doing fine, until recently that as.

She hasn't had bowel movements that often. Once every 2-4 days she's been going poo. It happened after I stopped feeding her greens for about a week because we aren't going shopping for a few days, I don't know if that's it why she hasn't been going to the bathroom.

She doesn't seem to want to bask either. She'll spend most of her time on the cool end of the tank and in her hides. The temperature falls between 92 and 98 during the day on the warm end, but she doesn't seem to want to bask. I think it's because my basking equipment is getting too small for her.

I'm afraid she might die. What's wrong with her? What can I do? My temperature and UVB is fine, that's not it. I'm confident she doesn't have parasites too.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I recently went through this myself. My beardie is more like 2 1/2 yrs old, but I seriously just went through this and even took my bd to the vet last Monday.

Thankfully Spike poo'd on the way to the vet, literally about 3 minutes away from the vets office - booger! :wink:
She was suffering from slight impaction. It as so slight it was hard to tell what could have caused it, but after examining her poo the vet set the only thing she could figure out is she ate a roach that was slightly too big.
She did state though that this "slight impaction" is also caused by a bit of dehydration. Be sure to soak your beardie as much as possible, at least one a day to everyother day and they can soak for a good 1/2 hour to hour. It is also good to soak them in a Pedialite/water mix - this helps them hydrate better. Remember to keep the water warm. You can also rub their stomach.

It has been suggested to me from some here to give the beardie a bit of veggie oil. This is okay, but you HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL!!! You do not want to give a bd too much. You stated yours was 7 months - how long is he? I would do bout 1/2 to one cc. Another reason to be very careful, and this is very important, is that a beardie's airway is right below the bottom of their tongue. Giving them ANY type of liquid (oil, meds, water), has to be done with MUCH CARE and PATIENCE! A slight slip can cause liquid to go into their airways and literally drown them with just the slightest bit. It can also cause some type of reaction, I don't remember the details of this one, but maybe someone else will know what I am talking about.

Spike has poo'd 3 times on my daughters lap while taking a ride in the car. I joked with her that if Spike seems stopped up again we are doing a soak and then going for a ride :lol: Of course I am a little serious - I mean if it works! So maybe even try that. Kinda how driving puts a baby to sleep, maybe the vibrations of riding in the car helps a beardie poo?! Each time Spike was flat on Erica's lap or chest.

You can also spray your beardies salad for extra moisture. This is a good way of insuring they get some water, but it is done more naturally so your not messing with their airways.

If it doesn't seem to happen in the next couple of days then I would urge to take him to a vet! Spike is much happier now that she got checked over :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom