Bearded Dragon Closing Eyes

beardieza

Hi! I noticed that my bearded dragon would close its eyes frequently inside the tank when under the heat lamp. I searched this up and I saw that people said my bearded dragon might be in distress, is this true? What might my bearded dragon be distressed about? Also when I let my bearded dragon it closes it’s eyes, is this also bad?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's normal. If there are no other signs or symptoms he is just relaxing and chilled out.

beardieza

Original Poster
I just got new stuff for my bearded dragon and this hide thing and now all he is doing is just laying in there. Is this still fine?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 74

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Change can stress them, he may be jumpy for a few days.
I see newspaper. The ink is incredibly strong and could cause nasal discomfort. I personally can't read newspapers, I'm extremely sensitive to the ink. If you want to use it, it should be ink free or dried until the ink stops off gassing.

beardieza

Original Poster
Change can stress them, he may be jumpy for a few days.
I see newspaper. The ink is incredibly strong and could cause nasal discomfort. I personally can't read newspapers, I'm extremely sensitive to the ink. If you want to use it, it should be ink free or dried until the ink stops off gassing.
Hmm. So instead of newspaper what would you suggest I do (that is a fairly cheaper option)?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom