Bearded dragon: beard - half orange half grey

ChristinaStS

Hi guys, our bearded dragon have been having half of the beard orange and the other half grayed out...no color. Its been like this for the past 10 days. We are worried that she has an infection. She eats like usual, her veggies and proteins, run around like normal. We are not sure why this is happening and what to do.

Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 20240301_102729.jpg
    20240301_102729.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 54

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi guys, our bearded dragon have been having half of the beard orange and the other half grayed out...no color. Its been like this for the past 10 days. We are worried that she has an infection. She eats like usual, her veggies and proteins, run around like normal. We are not sure why this is happening and what to do.

Any recommendations?
It is an uneven shed as mentioned, it's odd looking to owners that haven't seen it before but what you're seeing is the small orange patch already shed and the rest has not. It's totally normal, nothing to worry about at all.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does look like an upcoming shed. They definitely have odd looking skin sometimes right before
they shed. Once the skin comes off, it should become more even in color again.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom