Bath time

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Today I gave Leo a bath. I thought it would be a fun bonding type activity but I can’t tell whether or not he likes it… he was frantically moving his legs as if he was trying to dig or swim or something, he also was sliding around on his belly and dunking his head under the water a bit. His head was turning a bit black. Does he just not like baths now or is he trying to swim? The bath container I am using is small, much smaller than his full length so he curls his tail around his side.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I concur… Leo no longer likes baths:
1696431022982.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Most beardies don't. Also they use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe, they can't do both at once. So be careful with baths 🛁

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Most beardies don't. Also they use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe, they can't do both at once. So be careful with baths 🛁
Yep, I know the risks. I rarely/never bathe him, this is the only exception because he’d smeared some poo across his underbelly.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
That's about the only time i give baths too.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Yes, I limit baths. I try when they smear poop- 1x week the absolute most. Both of them just sit there or tried to get out with any motion.
I just saw a video where someone put the nose first slowly just so the beardie was aware there was water so it would drink.
I don't know....
I can't get them to drink it.
Ruby jumped out - Rocky closes his eyes. I dont think we should add unnecessary stress. (says the person who verbally stresses beardies;))

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yes, I limit baths. I try when they smear poop- 1x week the absolute most. Both of them just sit there or tried to get out with any motion.
I just saw a video where someone put the nose first slowly just so the beardie was aware there was water so it would drink.
I don't know....
I can't get them to drink it.
Ruby jumped out - Rocky closes his eyes. I dont think we should add unnecessary stress. (says the person who verbally stresses beardies;))
I agree, baths are stressful, most beardies hate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom