Bath time!

Marcy has been settling in very well, so yesterday I decided to give them their first bath! (I wish I knew their gender already!! It's agonizing waiting!)
At first, they were just excited to get out of the enclosure again, maybe eat some food, so it was a sore awakening when I started to run the water. They ran all the way up my arm and just clung to my chest while I was checking the water temp, until I finally had to scoop them up and set them in the sink. At first, they were running around, terrified, trying to climb out, until they stopped for a bit and said "Oh... this is nice." Eventually, their belly turned pale again and they settled in, playing around and drinking the water. Drying off afterwards, they had their mouth open and then laid nice and flat on their log.

Suffice to say, the first time was fun.

Attachments

• 20230102_112221.jpg
    20230102_112221.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20230102_112348.jpg
    20230102_112348.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230102_123501.jpg
    20230102_123501.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 58

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
What a cutie. Some love water but be careful with it, they use the same muscle group to walk and to breathe. They can't do both at the same time, so never run the water deep enough that they can't keep their head above it. Some will actually swim, but never let them do so unsupervised.

Alinannyms

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Marcy
Yeah, this time it was more of a puddle than a bath lol. I didn't go up any higher than his sides at the deepest point, but I'll keep seeing if he likes it deeper.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom