Baby/juvenile size data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juniper

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Henry
Hello! I know there have been other threads on this, but I'm not finding them very well--the site formatting is looking weird on my computer right now.

I want to learn more about normal sizes and growth rates for babies who are several months old. Henry is almost five months (hatch date 5/15/21) and weighs 174 grams, and is growing faster than ever. I have the impression he is on the bigger side for his age, but I am not sure. How big were your babies at 4, 5, or 6 months? When were they growing most quickly and when did their growth start to slow? I'd love to see any data you have!

He's going to the vet on Sunday and I'm sure they'll tell me if I've been overfeeding him or not, haha

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Blaze was very slow at growing-- its hard to say on growth of dragons because they all grow at different rates and different times-- you really cant compare -- your dragon compared to my Blaze at this age is huge --- Blaze was 2 months when I got him and the runt of the hatch I would say - I got him from a breeder and she said he was getting picked on and not getting alot to eat so I took him -- I wanted him out of that environment before he got too much damage to his tail etc............. since then he has gotten really big and fat -- he is on a diet now -- mainly greens and protein when he needs it 2 times a week super worms in a great while and horn worms when I have them - no other worms -- he needs to drop some grams-- at 5 months he was 15 inches and 221 grams -- and today he is 20" and weighs 520 grams --- my vet would say hes overweight! He is 2 yrs and 3 months old -- I dont know if that helped but like I said as long as he is growing and gaining he will get there on his own time --

sarahtee

At 5 months mine was 15 inches, 152 grams. He’s now 11 months, and 19.5 inches 417 grams! I can’t remember where I found this, but I have this chart saved for reference and have found it useful:

5 months: 100-150g
6: 180-225
7: 225-280
8: 230-325
9: 250-350
10: 260-375
11: 280-400
12: 300-450

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom