Baby beardie seeing stress marks daily please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamshaheen

My beardie always has stress marks when he’s in his cage. I’ve had him for almost three weeks and whenever I see him in his cage he has stress marks. He’s either in the leaves or in his basking spot. the moment I take him out of his cage the marks are gone. His temperature is accurate but his humidity is really low. I give him a salad and bsfl everyday too. Not sure what’s happening any help would be amazing.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie always has stress marks when he’s in his cage. I’ve had him for almost three weeks and whenever I see him in his cage he has stress marks. He’s either in the leaves or in his basking spot. the moment I take him out of his cage the marks are gone. His temperature is accurate but his humidity is really low. I give him a salad and bsfl everyday too. Not sure what’s happening any help would be amazing.
So all the lighting is correct --- please post a pic of him and his tank -- it could be hes having a longer time adjusting to the tank

adamshaheen

Original Poster
So all the lighting is correct --- please post a pic of him and his tank -- it could be hes having a longer time adjusting to the tank
Yes. I cut a piece of the mesh to put the uvb strip so that no uvb is getting removed. Here’s a pic. I’m sending that it may be cause of the temperature and how his skin reacts to it as wheneve I take him out of the tank his marks instantly go away. He eats regularly t around 5 full gut loaded mealworms and a lil bit of collard greens. I always try to feed him more tho

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 103

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes. I cut a piece of the mesh to put the uvb strip so that no uvb is getting removed. Here’s a pic. I’m sending that it may be cause of the temperature and how his skin reacts to it as wheneve I take him out of the tank his marks instantly go away. He eats regularly t around 5 full gut loaded mealworms and a lil bit of collard greens. I always try to feed him more tho
So how is the dragon doing? Is he still getting the stress marks?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)

adamshaheen

Original Poster
I’ve noticed they’ve started to go away. He also loves butternut squash but only eats a tiny bit at a time. He still eats around 5 bsfl every meal and I’ve been weighing him daily and he’s growing. He’s also shedding. Can you recommend some liquid/puree baby food or something I could make myself so that he can steel get his greens? He rarely eats his collard greens

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I’ve noticed they’ve started to go away. He also loves butternut squash but only eats a tiny bit at a time. He still eats around 5 bsfl every meal and I’ve been weighing him daily and he’s growing. He’s also shedding. Can you recommend some liquid/puree baby food or something I could make myself so that he can steel get his greens? He rarely eats his collard greens
Please increase the BSFL if that is his main staple he is not getting enough protein - if you can I would add crickets or dubias to his staple - he should be eating around 50 or more BSFL and that is for one feeding - are you putting the BSFL on top of his salads? Please add a different type of green too here is a website to give you ideas please ignore the kale its a good staple feeder
Nutrition Content
and I am glad to hear his stress marks are going away too

adamshaheen

Original Poster
Please increase the BSFL if that is his main staple he is not getting enough protein - if you can I would add crickets or dubias to his staple - he should be eating around 50 or more BSFL and that is for one feeding - are you putting the BSFL on top of his salads? Please add a different type of green too here is a website to give you ideas please ignore the kale its a good staple feeder
Nutrition Content
and I am glad to hear his stress marks are going away too
I feel like I’m stuck. He eats during his meals but it’s rarely anything. Same thing with crickets. I try to feed him 3 times a day and he only eats abt 5 bsfl every meal. I have to hand feed it to him too as he won’t even touch it if it’s not hand fed.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I feel like I’m stuck. He eats during his meals but it’s rarely anything. Same thing with crickets. I try to feed him 3 times a day and he only eats abt 5 bsfl every meal. I have to hand feed it to him too as he won’t even touch it if it’s not hand fed.
Your spoiling him by hand feeding him :) - I am thinking hes still going thru relocation stress so the only thing hes eating is 5 BSFL a little squash how many crickets? The 5 BSFL is total for the day or 5 at each feeding?

adamshaheen

Original Poster
Your spoiling him by hand feeding him :) - I am thinking hes still going thru relocation stress so the only thing hes eating is 5 BSFL a little squash how many crickets? The 5 BSFL is total for the day or 5 at each feeding?
5 each feeding and the same with crickets. I haven’t gave him crickets recently but I’ll get some today or tomorrow. I try to let him eat the food himself but often the bsfl somehow climb out of the ceramic bowl I got. They then run under the carpet before he eats them. What do you think I should do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
5 each feeding and the same with crickets. I haven’t gave him crickets recently but I’ll get some today or tomorrow. I try to let him eat the food himself but often the bsfl somehow climb out of the ceramic bowl I got. They then run under the carpet before he eats them. What do you think I should do?
you can order this its a good bowl for salads and will keep the BSFL in not so much crickets unless you pull the back legs off that disables them from jumping of course -- Amazon.com
I use them in my dragons tanks and I like those bowls a lot
have you thought about switching over to dubia roaches?
W/ him eating 5 crickets and BSFL at each feeding that is good - he seems to be on the right track he will get there - hes not losing weight is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom