Baby beardie breathing heavy ! Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
I've had MJ for about 2 weeks now and when I get close to her tank or try to handle her, she starts to breathe heavily... is this normal ? She'd eventually calm down once in my hand.. but seems that after a few minutes or so the breathing starts back ! please advise !!!! Worried mom !!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
They do tend to be jumpy and scare easily when they are babies. If your beardie is acting ok the rest of the time, and eating and pooping ok, then it is probably just scared. It takes them a while to get used to us.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Allot of lizards will do this. Beardies can actually blow themselves up like a balloon. The first time I saw Scorch do that I freaked out. Don't worry it will all pass with time. You may want to check out some of the threads on here about how to calm down and tame new beardies to make the process a little quicker for you. There are lots of great tricks!

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yeahh its starting to frustrate the hell out of me !! But as long as this is normal then I am ok. Even when i'm putting her to sleep in my hand... she breathes heavy. Poor baby.

I'm trying to find posts on how to calm beardies down on here but cant find it... =(
help on directing me ?? lol

Thanks

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Some things you can try are putting a t shirt in the viv that you have worn.
Also, try waiting till night time when the beardie is sleepy and getting them out, wrapping them in a towel like a burrito. Then hold them and let them go to sleep on you.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jiffy":f7b80 said:
Some things you can try are putting a t shirt in the viv that you have worn.
Also, try waiting till night time when the beardie is sleepy and getting them out, wrapping them in a towel like a burrito. Then hold them and let them go to sleep on you.

Thanks, I'll definately try the shirt. When shes sleepy, I hold her in my hand and ball up my fist like a human blanket lol.. but I'll try the burritto... I havent tried that yet. I'll keep you updated =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom