Alternate feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakek

Hey, I have a bearded dragon that I purchased from Howling Gale dragons. She is 4 (5 months feb. 11) and fed mainly on PW's ( maybe a few crickets here or there). She is 9in ( I measured here a few weeks ago, will measure again soon). I don't like paying 50$ everytime she needs new PW's. Now, I do have a roach colony but there are two problems, she isn't big enough to eat what I have and I have kept it too cool, so I don't have many and they arn't breeding. Now, is there a point in looking for another feeder or should I just wait until she can eat roaches? Thanks.

Jake

p.s dunno if this is normal but she won't eat when anyone's in the room, will eye you until you leave and then waits a few mins until she eats.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
You can always feed crickets. Yes they stink, chirp, and are a pain but they are the cheapest feeder until you establish your roach colony.

Not eating until you leave the room is normal. It's what my dragon and many others do. I don't know why some are like that.

Jakek

Original Poster
Alos, my best atempts to get her to eat veggies ended in her getting a little skinny and me breaking and feeding her her pw's. I feed her 2 on avg but ocaisonally 3 times a day, about 10-15 worms in each which I can say she probably eats 10-13 of( other crawl out before she feels safe enough). I have tried feeding her roaches about 5 times but only twice did she eat them, each time I fed her like 5 and by the time she got interested enough only one or two were left.

On a side note she used to be fine eating with the cage glass open and me replenishing her while she ate, but now she glares until i leave. Cage is 4ftx2ftx2ft if that helps.

Jake

p.s now that I think about it, this is more about her eating habits... oh well.

Jakek

Original Poster
Grixxly15":a7e18 said:
You can always feed crickets. Yes they stink, chirp, and are a pain but they are the cheapest feeder until you establish your roach colony.

Not eating until you leave the room is normal. It's what my dragon and many others do. I don't know why some are like that.
How many would be needed? My only problem with crickets are they can get out of the screen, and she only eats the dusted ones which quickly lose the dust after 5mins.

INCA

Hatchling Member
if i were you i would get those roaches heat as soon as possible. there is no point in having them like that cuz they wont breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom