Advice on prescribed laxatives

alyssa2704

Hi! So Leo was given some laxatives by the vets (lactulose solution 0.37ml for 7 days) because he hadn’t pooped in 3/4 weeks (possibly because of relocation stress and he went into boarding when I went on holiday) and looked more bloated then the vet would have liked but as soon as we got back from the vets he did a massive one!!
Should I still give them him because he does look bloated?

Attachments

• IMG_9927.jpeg
    IMG_9927.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 88

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! So Leo was given some laxatives by the vets (lactulose solution 0.37ml for 7 days) because he hadn’t pooped in 3/4 weeks (possibly because of relocation stress and he went into boarding when I went on holiday) and looked more bloated then the vet would have liked but as soon as we got back from the vets he did a massive one!!
Should I still give them him because he does look bloated?
Feed him some baby food pumpkin w / a drop of olive oil and drop or so of honey- feed till he poops - these would be better than the laxatives -

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Beadies can inflate themselves in an instance if they are streesed, worried, being snarky, don't want to be bothered right now, the list goes on and on lol.
Sneak and peek at him after he has had some time to chill out and see if he still looks bloated.
My girl Snicker Doodles does it everytime i open her habitat 🙂. It took me a little while to catch on, but when she is off guard she looks fine but as quick as i open her habitat she looks like a ballon. (After i have her out for a few minutes she looks normal again)

alyssa2704

Original Poster
Beadies can inflate themselves in an instance if they are streesed, worried, being snarky, don't want to be bothered right now, the list goes on and on lol.
Sneak and peek at him after he has had some time to chill out and see if he still looks bloated.
My girl Snicker Doodles does it everytime i open her habitat 🙂. It took me a little while to catch on, but when she is off guard she looks fine but as quick as i open her habitat she looks like a ballon. (After i have her out for a few minutes she looks normal again)
Thank you !!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How many doses of laxulose have you given thus far?
You could technically give a few doses but as suggested, canned pumpkin, butternut squash & a few drops of organic coconut or olive oil mixed with it given daily to help his GI tract.

Tracie

alyssa2704

Original Poster
Hello,

How many doses of laxulose have you given thus far?
You could technically give a few doses but as suggested, canned pumpkin, butternut squash & a few drops of organic coconut or olive oil mixed with it given daily to help his GI tract.

Tracie

I have given him 1 dose but I don’t think i’m going to give him anymore unless I get concerned. Thank you for the advice !

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom