According to Google....

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I know that would get you in here...I asked google:

At what age is a bearded dragon fully grown?

Their full grown size is determined by genetics, sex, environment, diet and health. Healthy babies grow at a rate of 1 to 3″ per month. An adult will be fully grown at 12 months of age. Bearded Dragons should measure anywhere from 16 to 24 inches in length and weigh 380 to 510 grams.

Well, Rocky is 18 inches (still) and 380 grams.
This is important because I need to adjust his diet to more veggies...
I thought he was a subadult until 18 months.
July2023.jpg

Rocky is going into shed but this is a recent picture and yes, all of this time later, I still keep scraps of clothing so he never, ever, ever forgets me!!!!!!!! Look at that beard, it works for us- he stays happy. Or perhaps it's his window wood, whatever. Judge not! @xp29 sometimes you need that extra umph to see lol :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That is a great picture! Did you pose him or just happen to catch him setting like that? Or is he just showing off for the camera 📷 lol?
I know you want him to be on the bigger side of thier range, but he looks darn good 👍
This time I have to to agree with google, adulthood isn't really age dependent. Take @acidburns Toothless and Nova both of them were full sized at under a year old. Toothless very likely could have started breeding before one years old so he is definitely an adult. (The females take longer to be ready regardless of size as far as i know) so that wouldn't necessarily be a marker for them. But Nova matches Toothless in growth so i would call her adult also.
My first three dragons 🐉 were full size before one year old also, but I've read there can be health risk in letting them develop that fast so with Sinatra I'm letting him develop slower (which is excruciating because I'm wanting mate him with my girls SOOOO bad lol) but not at the expense of his health. He is roughly the same size as Rocky. Technically he could start breeding but my girls still intimidate him lol.
My guess is Rocky will still put on a little more size but it won't be as noticeable as when he was still a juvenile. Either way you have done great with him and he is a fantastic dragon 🙂

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
That is a great picture! Did you pose him or just happen to catch him setting like that? Or is he just showing off for the camera 📷 lol?
I know you want him to be on the bigger side of thier range, but he looks darn good 👍
This time I have to to agree with google, adulthood isn't really age dependent. Take @acidburns Toothless and Nova both of them were full sized at under a year old. Toothless very likely could have started breeding before one years old so he is definitely an adult. (The females take longer to be ready regardless of size as far as i know) so that wouldn't necessarily be a marker for them. But Nova matches Toothless in growth so i would call her adult also.
My first three dragons 🐉 were full size before one year old also, but I've read there can be health risk in letting them develop that fast so with Sinatra I'm letting him develop slower (which is excruciating because I'm wanting mate him with my girls SOOOO bad lol) but not at the expense of his health. He is roughly the same size as Rocky. Technically he could start breeding but my girls still intimidate him lol.
My guess is Rocky will still put on a little more size but it won't be as noticeable as when he was still a juvenile. Either way you have done great with him and he is a fantastic dragon 🙂
awww thank you (and Rocky thanks you)! No, I didn't stage the photo. Rocky is a ham. In reality, he was being nosey and I clicked fast. He's so beautiful to me so every shot is a glamour shot but we all would say the same right, lol. He probably licked the window right afterwards or something lol.

So basically you called him an adult.....Rocky will forever be my baby. WOW

Well, I guess it's time to slow down on the bugs and up the veggies. THat's truly what this post was all about. Now the true adventures begin because he's surely not ready to give up hornworms, dubias and superworms. Greens...he'd give them up in a minute....I have to be creative with my recipes now to keep him interested although it didnt work before. We will figure it out.

Is Ruby a mom?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Dail the bugs back slowly so he can get used to it. The idea of suddenly only feeding them bugs two or three times a week seems mean to me. I still offer bugs to all mine everyday. Some days they eat some days they don't and i don't try to encourage them. So it kindda works out and i don't have to feel guily lol.
Ruby isn't a mom yet but im hoping Sinatra figures it out soon. She has laid two cluthes since we got her so i kniw she is capable.
UPDATE: !!!!! Sinatra tried with Sweet Pea today, she was willing but he couldn't figure it out 😪😪😪 🤪

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Sweet Pea....
Give Sinatra time, he will figure it out :giggle:
I can't wait to congratulate you.

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Is it silly to say that Rocky's body shape looks exactly like Draco's? I mean they are technically adults according to age and length, however they haven't put on that much weight yet, so now they just look like lean teenagers! Draco's a bit over a year old but I think he's still growing, much like Rocky. He had a huge growth spurt and was big for his age at 6 months, then slowed down due to parasites. He's been healthy and steadily gaining weight since then. I offer him bugs twice a week.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Sweet Pea....
Give Sinatra time, he will figure it out :giggle:
I can't wait to congratulate you.
Yeah poor little thing was like what heck, and seemed standoffish ...... i think she may kick his butt next time she sees him lol.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Is it silly to say that Rocky's body shape looks exactly like Draco's? I mean they are technically adults according to age and length, however they haven't put on that much weight yet, so now they just look like lean teenagers! Draco's a bit over a year old but I think he's still growing, much like Rocky. He had a huge growth spurt and was big for his age at 6 months, then slowed down due to parasites. He's been healthy and steadily gaining weight since then. I offer him bugs twice a week.
I went and looked back at Dracos pics, they are built similar. They both just looks like really well cared for dragons to me. There is nothing wrong with being lean as long as it's a healthy lean 🙂

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom