😡😡😡

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
That is normal --- does he have a hide? If not I would get one for him and put some strips of fleece in the hide so he can burrow in that
He has the one that's in his tank now, the corner piece he basks on, but I thought he was too big for it, apparently not. He doesn't burrow often, hardly at all, so it's a little odd to see him do it but it was funny to see the paper towels around his head. 😅

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Maybe my experience will help you.
I set up my lamp like this:
I bought anchor hooks, rings and a chain in the DIY market.
So, I cut the hooks as shown in the figure
22.JPG

and threaded them into the brackets from the lamp.
24.jpg

This method allows you to flexibly adjust the height of the lamp inside the terrarium.
23.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That was originally how i was setting mine up, but i had hooks instead of eyes and i didn't want exposed hooks (and was to lazy to run to lowes lol) so i used nut, bolts, and washers. Same concept though.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Maybe my experience will help you.
I set up my lamp like this:
I bought anchor hooks, rings and a chain in the DIY market.
So, I cut the hooks as shown in the figure
View attachment 78077
and threaded them into the brackets from the lamp.
View attachment 78081
This method allows you to flexibly adjust the height of the lamp inside the terrarium.
View attachment 78082
Well, it has to be 15 inches from where he sits and if it's flush to the lid, it's exactly 15 inches. So, we snapped the brackets into the side, facing inward and actually looped some bread ties through the hole and up through the lid and surprisingly its working really really well.😂😂

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i'm not sure if i have shared this link with you before, but we have one and it takes all the guess work out of the uvb distance. sir henry chooses where to sit. we have it attached to the side of the enclosure with a command hook type thing that is supposed to hold brooms/mops. so at the high end it is about 8" from the uvb and at the low end it is about 22". (pics in my profile) they know where to go if they have options.

Wholesale Lugarti Premium Grapevine

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
That was originally how i was setting mine up, but i had hooks instead of eyes and i didn't want exposed hooks (and was to lazy to run to lowes lol) so i used nut, bolts, and washers. Same concept though.
In the same way I adjust the tilt and height of the Arcadia Deep Heat.
When I look at it, I always remember Hellraiser :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
In the same way I adjust the tilt and height of the Arcadia Deep Heat.
When I look at it, I always remember Hellraiser :ROFLMAO:
Good lord. That definitely has cenobite written all over it. Have you seen the remake.?? It's surprisingly good, I like that they kept chatter, he always moderately terrified me.😂😂

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Good lord. That definitely has cenobite written all over it. Have you seen the remake.?? It's surprisingly good, I like that they kept chatter, he always moderately terrified me.😂😂
I only watched the original version.
But after your words I wanted to see the remake.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I only watched the original version.
But after your words I wanted to see the remake.
Maaaan the remake is a little different. Pinhead is a woman and there are some new characters that are ✨️horrifying✨😂😂 but it's pretty good.! It's on... hulu, I think.?

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
Thanks for sending me the link to this one NICKAVD. I have a bracket design that is more for attaching to a solid top Vivarium and not screen, but I have some ideas to make it work for your application. Keep an eye on my "Project Dragon Lair" for it in the near future and let me know what you think. We can circle back to this discussion if you like the concept and maybe adapt it to make it work with your specific situation.

Just out of curiosity though-- and sorry if this was posted, but why not put the lamp above the enclosure and let it sit on the screen top? Yeah I get it that you'll loose up to 30% UV through the screen, but then just use a more powerful lamp like a 14% instead of a 12% etc.. and/or build up the basking area with a branch and/or substrate/ rocks or something to get the animal up closer to the light?

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Thanks for sending me the link to this one NICKAVD. I have a bracket design that is more for attaching to a solid top Vivarium and not screen, but I have some ideas to make it work for your application. Keep an eye on my "Project Dragon Lair" for it in the near future and let me know what you think. We can circle back to this discussion if you like the concept and maybe adapt it to make it work with your specific situation.

Just out of curiosity though-- and sorry if this was posted, but why not put the lamp above the enclosure and let it sit on the screen top? Yeah I get it that you'll loose up to 30% UV through the screen, but then just use a more powerful lamp like a 14% instead of a 12% etc.. and/or build up the basking area with a branch and/or substrate/ rocks or something to get the animal up closer to the light?
Now everything is a little different for me, but when I wrote a message here, the heat lamp was not powerful enough to let it sit to the lid, the same thing happened with the UV lamp. That's why such a mount was invented. This is just another mounting method, someone might want to use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom