Hasn’t pooped in almost a week...

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Hasn’t pooped in almost a week...

Postby Kaelwizard » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi guys. Flash hasn’t been doing great. I feed him superworms and/or crickets daily. I dust them too. He has reptisun t5 tube and basking light for those of you who want to know. Also I found out that he pooped out a completely undigested cricket.
Kaelwizard
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Hasn’t pooped in almost a week...

Postby Gormagon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Kaelwizard wrote:Hi guys. Flash hasn’t been doing great. I feed him superworms and/or crickets daily. I dust them too. He has reptisun t5 tube and basking light for those of you who want to know. Also I found out that he pooped out a completely undigested cricket.

How old is Flash?
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Kaelwizard » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:00 pm

5 months I think. He has never had this problem with supers before.
Kaelwizard
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gormagon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Kaelwizard wrote:5 months I think. He has never had this problem with supers before.

Superworms should only be fed as treats to adult dragons and, even the only 2 or 3 every couple of weeks. Babies and, Juvies should not have them at all. The can cause severe impaction and, at 5 months old he should be pooping at least once if not twice a day.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby SandP » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 am

What are the temps in the tank, especially the basking temp? Does he like baths? You could try soaking him in warm water and gently massage his stomach to try and encourage him to poop. You can also feed plain pumpkin or plain applesauce with a drop or 2 of olive or coconut oil to help move things along.
SandP
Hatchling Poster

Postby Kaelwizard » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:50 pm

I don't have the best thermometer but it is above 90 degrees F. He pooped today. Also, he generally does not bask at all. He is scared of me and only comes out when I am away or playing my xbox (I know it sounds weird but it is true).
Kaelwizard
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER