DIY 4x2x2 cage finished!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
cage.jpg

I hope to be getting some sort of stand for it I will be looking around for something large enough cheap enough lol. Right now it's on 5gallon buckets lol.

my only problem is the light!!! does anyone have a flood light type shade for theirs and where can i get one lol

This is my new pooper I'm getting sometime next weekend he's from TND dragons in Philly and were driving to pick him up :D

babyA.jpg

Isn't he a little doll!!! He looks like a toy :lol: I hope he likes his new home :)

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes it's a dark blue Latex paint. The edges are caulked and have pvc trimmings on the side to make it easy to clean. Also have the grout sealed and I'm waiting for my Reptisun bulb to come from pet mountain to get me other beardie :D

fez09

Extreme Poster
Wow, very pretty! I love the blue and the trim, nice touch! Do you have your baby yet??

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
122.jpg

picture of it all finished...I had to rewire all the lights the UVB was not close enough to the basking spots, and I wanted him to have his log as a basking spot and his hammock. He really loves both of them...he loves his little hammocks!! There nailed in place so he will never have to give them up when he gets bigger :D

I rewired the spot lights and moved them over to the corner and added another light. The temps in the cage are perfect as well...accurite thermometer read 104 on the log and 105 on the hammock, both are 8" away from the UVB...and the cool side is about 75-80.

Another thing, It's SO easy to clean!! I clean the poop daily, and just vaccum the inside when it gets dirty. I clean with a very diluted bleach and rinse alot of times once a week and it is a breeze also. The plexi glass doors can be lifted up and pulled out, so those are easy to clean as well.

He seems very happy in it!
fattie.jpg

That's my awesome little dude 8)
His face and legs are shedding so hes going crazy trying to scratch on everything lol. So cute!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom