Oldest Beardie?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Oldest Beardie?

Postby TUPilot » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:10 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I've only made a couple of posts on here over the years, but I've been wondering for some time how old a bearded dragon can be? Spike, my beloved beardie, recently passed away shortly after his 13th birthday. No one I've spoken with has heard anything more than a rumor of one older, but I've always wondered how many dragons make it to the 10+ range, and how far past that some have gone?

Spike was a great boy, and I take a lot of comfort in the fact he lived a good long life. I'm curious who else has been as fortunate to have such a long-term companion?
TUPilot
Newbie Poster

Re: Oldest Beardie?

Postby Twobeardieguy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:15 am

My oldest was 17
When life closes 1 door, a new window will open up- R.I.P. dad you are dearly missed and will always be loved....... USMC- Until we meet again!!!!!!
R.I.P. my Cali girl.-3-19-13- You will forever be in our hearts, minds and souls. We now know you are resting on dads shoulder. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Lance
Twobeardieguy
BD.org Sicko

Postby Buggsy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:36 am

Wow Lance that must be some kind of record! Gizmo is only 3 so i hoping there will be many more years of fun in her!

Did he/she suffer with any kind of arthritus etc at such a ripe old age? It just shows how well you take care of them!
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason just isn't clear
Buggsy
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby junebug82 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:12 pm

I was thinking the same thing buggsy...they must have had wonderful care and the best loving parents :)
Emily, Supermom to Rick(19), Tyler(16), Connor and Hailey(1o), Kaiden(7), Kameron(5)
Scaleymom to Braxas(Female Beardy)
Fur Mama to Jaxson and Jemma (red nose pits :)
junebug82
Hatchling Poster

Postby ez2bbad64 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:19 pm

velcro was atleast 11 when he passed away. no one knew hes actual age as he was dumped at a pet store when he was at least 4.
Slave to Peaches, Ricco, Brandy, Bacardi (RIP), Falkor, tater.rusty,and roxie the frilled dragon
ez2bbad64
Juvie Poster

Postby Twobeardieguy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks, yeah he suffered from arthritis and was partially blind! I hand fed him the last year of his life as he could barley move. He got up in the morning came out and basked until I picked him up. But he was in good spirits and not in any pain. He loved to sit on my shoulder but the best is when he propped his head on up next to mine! Ill have to dig out the old memory stick and see if I can find pictures of him. Miss you ol boy!! :roll:
When life closes 1 door, a new window will open up- R.I.P. dad you are dearly missed and will always be loved....... USMC- Until we meet again!!!!!!
R.I.P. my Cali girl.-3-19-13- You will forever be in our hearts, minds and souls. We now know you are resting on dads shoulder. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
Lance
Twobeardieguy
BD.org Sicko

Postby Aznrainbowdime » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:19 pm

ARRGHH !! This is a topic I hate to talk about ! I just can't imagine losing my baby !! But I was wondering the same thing.. I read their life spans was anywhere from 9 yrs to 12 yrs. But wow Lance, ... 17 ?? Good ol slave you are !!
Aznrainbowdime
Sub-Adult Poster

Return to General Discussion