Strange hard white growth on a single scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

natcat15

I’ve noticed that there had been a scale that had been turning white and I was thinking he just had a stuck shed on his tail, so I gave him longer soaks. After a couple months, I noticed it started growing out. Its hard and white... it still kinda looks like some sort of stuck shed but I don’t know. It does soften up after a good soak. Is it a tumor or fungal growth? He had two owners prior to me who didn’t take the best care of him, and I found out recently by the vet he is adeno-positive, but he’s 12-14 years old. The vet suspects he had it his whole life. He’s been on liquid calcium 2 times a week(0.22..ML I think?), and monthly vitamin injections. It doesn’t seem to bother him at all and he’s been eating great, pooping daily, and getting natural sunshine when the temperature out is perfect for him.

109445-8719953405.jpg
[XIMG]109445
109445-6039940081.jpg
109445-4702646099.jpg
9755513668[/XIMG]

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well you certainly have an older dragon, that is great.
The scale could have gotten either damaged by a retained shed problem or simply have
developed some type of abscess underneath of the scale, too.
You could try putting some raw, unpasteurized honey on the area for awhile to see if that
helps to improve the area. In my experience, areas that look like that are usually some type
or abscess.
If it continues to get larger, you may need to have it removed before it gets out of control. If
it stays about the same size, then you can consider just leaving it alone so that he doesn't
have to go through stress of having it removed.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom