Help shut bearded dragons head in door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hdgshahsb

I just shut my bearded dragons head in the sliding door on the top of his encloser I was dropping his crickets into his cage and while I was I looked over and he was on his hammock sticking his head out I freaked out Idk know why but in a reaction I screamed and shut the door on his head he jump and showed his bearded when I tried to comfort him he opened his mouth and showed his beard he finally calmed down let me pick him up and he started to chase the crickets and was eating them I just want to know if I could have caused damage?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Keep an eye on him-- if he starts black bearding lethargic behavior you may want to get him into the vet--- watch for anything out of his normal behavior

Hdgshahsb

Original Poster
110942-5961576099.jpg

He’s also been breathing a lot and a little heavy since the incident he’s also been eating like little pieces of the vermiculite that I house crickets in all of the sudden

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Could be the stress from the incident the heavy breathing- he looks fine- if he starts black bearding then its time to be concerned -- how is he getting to the vermiculite? What is that? Hes beard looks fine -- it it goes black then there could be a issue - black beards are a sign of distress or pain

Hdgshahsb

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2nqjkaqg said:
Could be the stress from the incident the heavy breathing- he looks fine- if he starts black bearding then its time to be concerned -- how is he getting to the vermiculite? What is that? Hes beard looks fine -- it it goes black then there could be a issue - black beards are a sign of distress or pain
So when I put the crickets in sometimes the vermiculite will fall in and okay but yeah I was just conserned I don’t have many reptile vets around me and a exam will cost 100$ is that a good price?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If he hasnt turned black by now I am sure hes ok--- I will post a website for you to find a reptile vet in your area -- www.arav.org
Vets are different costs -- it depends on the area your in -- but you might want to establish a vet anyway - I am lucky I have a really good reptile vet where I live she is kind of spendy but worth the cost- I just had two fecals done that I dropped off the cost on them was $37/ dragons test -- both test for them came back clean --
some vets can be horrible cost and NO good -- you might want to read the reviews on the vet if you find one or more --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom