Fecal test negative but lethargic and no appetite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there were my results from PALS for a full parasiteology fecal test;
Direct No ova, cysts or parasites seen.
Concentrate VERY SCANTY NEMATODE OVA SEEN
Cryptosporidium Negative

she is very lethargic and no appetite... so what could it be?? her poop is bad also with mucus. anyone have any ideas?

41C hot 28C cool
30% humidity
12% T5 uvb
slate tile substrate
never seemed keen on greens and becuase appetite is so low doesnt want to eat anything
bathed 3-4 times a week
in a 60gal at the moment
fed dubia roaches and mealworms, however hasnt eaten a roach in a while.
going to speak to my vet tomorrow, however just want some peoples advice on here!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lets start w/ the UVB --- where in the tank is it ? Top of screen or inside the tank? Is there a reflector on the fixture and what is the distance from the UVB to basking decor? Is it directly over head or on the back wall?

JakeDagger

Original Poster
The uvb is mounted inside the viv, its a wooden viv so no choice there really haha, yeah its got a reflector, directly overhead, she can get as close as 10" if she wants when basking

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
10 " is too close for a 12% bulb--- what is the distance she normally sits at? How are you taking basking temps? How long does she basks for? How old is the UVB?

JakeDagger

Original Poster
10" is just the max, usually its a lot lower, her basking spot is 13" below, taking temps with dual probe digital thermometer and a IR temp gun, she is barely basking, only really if i bathe her and put her on the hot spot, uvb is around 4 months old, but i have a new bioactive setup ready for her with an arcadio pro t5 desert, just waiting for the humidity to come down

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If the T 5 is closer than 10 inches it is way to close- distance for a T 5 is 12-15 inches no closer the UVB rays are too strong any closer-- this would be one reason for not basking-- she will not eat w/ out correct basking temps and uvb---- she cannot absorb/ synethsize her calcium w/ out proper uvb-- good bulb wrong distance- please readjust the distance

JakeDagger

Original Poster
ill quiclkly do a measure and reply; so her basking spot at the moment is 10" away from the uvb, her new one is 13-15" at varying heights, so she may not be basking because the uv is too intense?

JakeDagger

Original Poster
quick question also, she has never given me a black beard ever, nor has she ever used her hides, im at home until 2-3 tomorrow so maybe ill set up the thermostat for the new viv and let her in there and see if a few hours makes a difference in energy, only thing is the humidity seems to be sitting around 50%

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Humidity is fine you don't want it below 20% or above 70% -- optimal is 30-50%-- yes to the UVB question

JakeDagger

Original Poster
alright tomorrow ill set up her thermostat and put her in the new viv to see if anything changes, thanks for the help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She will go thru relocation stress but proper placement of uvb and correct temps you will see a change in behavior right away

JakeDagger

Original Poster
im going to speak to my vet tomorrow anyway and let her know my plan, and see if she has any advice, but thank you again!

JakeDagger

Original Poster
An update here: I put her in the new viv this morning and she’s been basking all morning, at 40C so she definitely needed better lighting setup and she’s soaking in all that heat and uvb!! Thank you! I’ll keep you updated!

JakeDagger

Original Poster
Hi, so I just got home at work and she has been basking all day and doesn’t seem to have moved, temperature is reading 42C on the spot and her surface temp is 41C, what’s causing this? Should I up the temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom