Sneaky little weasel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie has been more active lately, as spring pretends to show up here in South Dakota. We have managed to go outside twice in the last month because the temperatures made it up over 70. Sadly, that never lasts around here. So yesterday after a nice superworm breakfast and bask, I took him out for a tour of the library. He came with me to the Children's Area where I was pulling books for a relabeling project. I sat him on the floor and he stayed with me for at least 5 minutes. Then I looked away for a moment and he was gone. I did some serious looking, lots of aisles to run down around here, and his natural camouflage works too well with our (ugly) library carpeting. I couldn't find him so I calmly took my cart back to the main desk and asked one of the aids to help me look for him. I glanced over my shoulder and he was sitting in another corridor, peering back over his shoulder at me as if to say "what?".

At least he got some exercise. Sneaky little weasel.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
:lol: Sounds like he was just doing a bit of exploring. I'm glad he gets to move about like that. We just had a false spring here too - now people are back in winter jackets. Goes with the territory I suppose.

saraho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He was very active before opening this morning and my coworker came and got me because "Charlie's acting like a crackhead." I got him out and he wandered for almost 30 minutes before wearing himself out. I noticed he seemed to be breathing heavy, but no gasping or raspy sounds. His color is good too. His humidity is always low, do I need to worry about an URI? I think it's more likely that he's gotten a bit out of shape over the long winter and his endurance needs built up.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry much about a URI. If he starts acting really lethargic and you see mucous buildup around his nose and mouth then I'd have him checked out but he sounds just fine based on his behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom