My Beardie Hates Baths

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

My Beardie Hates Baths

Postby missbrightside » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:44 am

My little guy throws a fit and makes a huge mess everytime I try to put him in a bath. Is there anything I can do to make bathing more enjoyable for him?

I usually clean the sink and add 80-90°F water (boiled), no higher than his elbows. Is 80-90 degrees the right temperature for the water?
missbrightside
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My Beardie Hates Baths

Postby SandP » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:48 am

If he doesn't like them I would stop giving him them. If he messes himself you could use a washcloth or something similar to clean him up.
SandP
Hatchling Poster

Postby missbrightside » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:58 am

SandP wrote:If he doesn't like them I would stop giving him them. If he messes himself you could use a washcloth or something similar to clean him up.

Okay, thank you
missbrightside
Newbie Poster

Postby saraho » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:01 pm

I've stopped giving Charlie baths too, unless he gets poop on himself or is constipated. Otherwise he seems perfectly fine to me, and much happier when he's not in the water. I would like to take him outside in a warm summer rain sometime, just to see what he does.
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gail » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:14 pm

I use baths to get mine to poo. Easy to dump the dirty water out and rinse the dragon off. If they really need to soak, just put them in clean water after they potty.
Gail
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion