4x2x2 pvc..... recommendations for bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
so its a 4x2x2 pvc with the fixtures inside, was curious what bulb do you think would keep that best? its a big change for us from her glass 63 gallon so I'm not quite sure. I know a lot of people have the 4x2x2 on here so please help us figure this out it comes in Monday so i want to have all my ducks in a row. I got a arcadia 75 watt halogen for it but i dont know if thats too much or too little?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
We are just gonna have to buy 2 or 3 bulbs and see what works best before we put her in there. Cost more but we will work it out.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It really comes down to trial and error at first since each enclosure is so different in terms of how it holds heat. Once you have one that works though, buy a bunch so you have spares on hand and it's easy going forward.

I'm guessing that PVC will hold heat much more easily than glass. I would plan on using a lower wattage to start testing with, but even that will vary on brand and type of bulb. Arcadia 75w halogen seems like a good place to start.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thank you Cooper i have ordered a 50 watt arcadia halogen as well in case the 75 is too much. Then i will send back the one I'm not using to replace with a spare of the one i go with. How is Delvin doing? The neck on Frey'ja is not going down so I'm making an appointment for this week and figure that out she is eating more than she was so Im confused lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom