Albon and Panacur medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connordac18

Original Poster
Oh it seems I mixed up the two haha. That does make me a bit more concerned, the albon I’ll be giving everyday, and the first dose is .04 :( sorry for being confusing I totally mixed the two medications up.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Mixed them up as in gave .04 of Panacur? If that's the case, at least it's the less harsh of the two meds and the next dose isn't for a while.

Connordac18

Original Poster
No I gave the correct dosage of the panacur but for some reason thought panacur was the medicine for coccidia and not pinworms haha. I haven’t given the albon yet though.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah ok. No problem at all then. The Panacur is for pinworms and the Albon is for Coccidia. The other med I mentioned is Ponazuril and is for Coccidia.

Connordac18

Original Poster
I think i might just give him the albon, I’d have to wait a few more days atleast for the other medication and while he seems to be doing well he’s starting to look a bit skinnier so I’m just worried it’s going to get worse pretty quickly. Do you think that’s the right call? My vet isint the easiest to get a hold of, I emailed them two nights ago with no response and you have to sit on the phone for a half hour just to get a receptionist

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's too bad that your vet is tough to get a hold of. I would continue to follow what they prescribed. Just offer plenty of hydration and if you start to see really lethargic behavior or significant weight loss, I would stop the meds (at least temporarily) and try to get a hold of your vet for further instructions. I guess my advice just boils down to keep an eye out, there may be side effects and water helps =)

Connordac18

Original Poster
I’m home a lot so I’ll definitely be keeping a good eye on him :) thanks so so much for all your help, I’m going to do everything in my power to make sure he’s okay, and I’m sure he’ll be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom