Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Postby DorgEndo » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:11 am

Hornworm through the hole https://imgur.com/gallery/YnUD9Yt

Devlyn has gotten some wonderful hornworm treats. One worm a day, just like last time she woke up from brumation. Something tasty and spring-like. She has had 4 dubia roaches since waking. She started eating for salad with some vigor.

I also saw Devlyn spooked something awful yesterday! I have no idea what scared her.

Came home over lunch break because Devlyn was glass surfing. She was obviously excited and wanted to run around. I let her out then went to make tea. Had my back to her when I heard the most frantic running sounds. It wasn't a normal I'm a running dragon sounds. If that makes sense, it didn't sound right. Then had to crawl on the floor looking for her only to see she had ran underneath her enclosure along the wall. Full black beard like I've never seen before, arms and legs tucked underneath her as if she was scared of being torn limb from limb so she had to hide her limbs.

I don't know what spooked her! My cat was napping on a chair, first thing I checked once I knew Devlyn was safe because I know it's always a possibility, but the cat who was not even in the same room. There is a window. Maybe she saw something? My husband was also napping so he was down. No TV or radio on. It was as quiet as can be. I was standing stirring tea which she sees and hears all the time. I wish I could ask her what happened. Been looking her over to see if any injury happened, no signs of injury. I'll never know.
She/Her. Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06.Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. MK & Ash the anole sisters. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby DorgEndo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:51 am

Devlyn has her annual vet check up today. She is going in with my spouse. It's too bad I can't be with her. I couldn't be with her anyway because of the drop off / pick up nature of the vet.

I am strangely excited to get new blood work ups done for her. It will be her 3rd blood tests and the 1st time I truly haven't been concerned about anything.

Also have Nationwide Pet insurance so that will be exciting to report on!
:blob5:
[Click image to enlarge]
She/Her. Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06.Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. MK & Ash the anole sisters. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:04 pm

Devlyn on her way to the vet with my spouse. We do have a lid it was just off so she could enjoy the view.
[Click image to enlarge]

On the way back with me! I was able to pick her up over my lunch break

[Click image to enlarge]

I tried to take a pretty Devlyn picture and she purposefully darkened her lady lipstick. How rude!

[Click image to enlarge]

Submitted first claim to Nationwide for her $235.30 bill. Physical exam and Chemistries. Won't have the chemistry results until next week. I'm so excited! The vet was very happy with her physical exam.

The vet wrote a lovely note:

Devlyn is healthy on her examination today. She has increased in weight to 412 grams from her previous visit at which time she weighed 370 grams in Feb 2020. She is at a good weight today, keep up the great work with her diet and husbandry!

We will call with lab results next week once they become available.

Thank you for allowing us to care for Devlyn, she is a sweet girl!

Dr. Langer

My husband got more over the phone when dropping her off. Apparently Devlyn was a bit fiesty but calmed down after a short time with the vet. Too bad I missed her being sassy with the vet.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:56 am

[Click image to enlarge]

Everything in from testing. Calcium was high. I have been using calcium without D3 since her last test. I definitely won't get any new Ca+D3 containers. I will be decreasing calcium supplement to twice a week. Up to three times. I was giving her calcium on some of her meals and she got hornworms after waking. Maybe she is hoarding calcium for eggs? But then I would think her blood calcium would decrease. A little concerning. Overall the vet thought she looked great with her body, ears, eyes, muscles, scales.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:40 am

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Fun climbing the house plants and "basking" in the real sun. Since I know her calcium is good she can indulge in the real sun for awhile
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:14 pm

Devlyn has been CLIMBING on the plants. My phone decided to make that all caps. It knows the story.

So Devlyn is climbing over plants which I am happy for. They are for her and me. She decided to try climbing a cactus and dumped the cactus all over herself. It's a little cactus and both plants and Devlyn appear okay. I have 1 cactus. Of course she decided to try climbing it
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:25 pm

Oops. On 2/09/21 was Devlyn's gotcha anniversary day

Sorry I was late Devlyn. Happy two years in your forever home
[Click image to enlarge]
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Beardie Tales