HELP!! My beardie looks paralyzed

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

HELP!! My beardie looks paralyzed

Postby Hollyrae88 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:01 pm

I came home after a phone call from my son saying our lil baby was not moving. When i got here he explained as he was putting him away he fell off his hammock and landed on his right side on the food bowl. He is trying to move but cant seem to work anything and is also mouth breathing like he’s struggling for air. I tried putting him in a warm bath thinking maybe floating and warmth would help. NOTHING... Any ideas???
Hollyrae88
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: HELP!! My beardie looks paralyzed

Postby Hollyrae88 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:02 pm

[quote="Hollyrae88"]I came home after a phone call from my son saying our lil baby was not moving. When i got here he explained as he was putting him away he fell off his hammock and landed on his right side on the food bowl. He is trying to move but cant seem to work anything and is also mouth breathing like he’s struggling for air. I tried putting him in a warm bath thinking maybe floating and warmth would help. NOTHING... Any ideas???
Hollyrae88
Newbie Poster

Postby loljelloclowdz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:59 pm

Take them to a vet.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:11 am

Hello,

How far did your dragon fall? Did he land on his head first or hit his head on the way down
before he landed on his side?
Is his beard darkened? It does sound like he hurt himself if he is breathing erratically or cannot
move his back legs very well. Do you have a picture of him, along with the tank setup you could
post?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Hollyrae88 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:38 pm

Hi Tracie, I wasn’t here to witness it. My son called me on my way home so i hurried and sure enough the lil thing can’t move anything except his left arm. The drop is maybe 6 in. So I’m thinking no way that could’ve hurt him that badly. I have a full grown dude as well (Tyler) and we've had him 7 years now so I’m a seasoned owner but I have never seen anything like this!! I have been searching all day for an Exotic animal Vet or anywhere really and no one can get us in. I feel so helpless and I don’t want Seymour to suffer. No dark beard but poor baby looks so scared.
Last edited by Hollyrae88 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hollyrae88
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

VET!

Postby Hollyrae88 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:41 pm

If anyone out there knows of a Veterinarian in the Southeast Michigan or Northwest OH area please let me know.
Hollyrae88
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:48 am

www.arav.org to find a vet in your area
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Hollyrae88 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:41 pm

Thank you for the responses. Unfortunately after calling 8 different vets with no luck being seen , Seymour passed this morning. ☹️
Hollyrae88
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 am

Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about little Seymour passing. :cry: That is horrible, I know it
is heartbreaking when it is so sudden.
I am unsure of what could have happened, but we are all here if you need us.
My condolences.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 am

I am so sorry to hear about Seymour--- did you use the website I posted for you? Please if you have any more questions about the dragon or care please ask - it is often recommended that dragons not be in the care of young children - they are too complex to care for and need the correct husbandry to survive --- also as babies they tend to think they can fly and if not watched or have a hand over them when being held they will jump--- I dont know the exact circumstances for the issue that happened but I was thinking 6 inches is not that far to fall from - again I am so sorry -- :(
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER