Temporary Beardie home

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my husband and I are going to be living in a new state for the next 3 months for work and our pets are coming with us. I don't trust anyone here to watch my beardie so him, my leopard gecko, and Pac-man frog will be going together. I was thinking of just building a temporary set up for him once we got down to the new place. I was thinking something simple with thick balsa wood and screen about the same size as his current set up. I would take most of his decor and bedding with us as well as his current lighting setup to make it not too much of a change for him. Has anyone else done this type of temporary set up before and how has that worked out?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A temporary spot will work. You essentially want something that is secure, can hold a bit of heat, a way to fix the lights appropriately, and something comfortable for them. You could do this with balsa and screen or plywood. If you have a spare room or secure space you could even use adjustable lamp stands and set up the space with hanging lights. Kind of depends on what you have available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom