Pink thing in beardies mouth

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Pink thing in beardies mouth

Postby JaffaCake » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:12 am

Hi, sorry about the title, wasnt sure what to call it. Maybe a growth or something?

My beardie has been acting completely normal, nothing out of the blue at all. He opened his mouth earlier and i noticed there was a pink lump near his tongue on one side of his mouth. Its hard to see because it blends in with the colour of his tongue and inside of his mouth but its noticeable in person.

Is this something to be concerned about? Hes been eating/drinking normally and I dont think it seems to bother him at all.

He is 6 years old, he did jump off from the top of his log yesterday in his tank so unsure if he may have hurt his mouth during that. I checked on him and he seemed okay, the drop is considerably small but he is on tile instead of carpet or soft materials

If pic is needed, can you tell me how to post it?

[Click image to enlarge]
Last edited by JaffaCake on Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaffaCake
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Pink thing in beardies mouth

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 am

Yes please post a pic
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby JaffaCake » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:22 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Yes please post a pic
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

Posted now! :) its quite hard to see as it blends in with his tongue
JaffaCake
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:24 pm

Ok pic didn't post click on XIMG above the message box and see if they downloaded- if they did click on the pic it should post
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby JaffaCake » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:01 pm

It shows thats its posted on my side, both on my phone and computer. Should I try and do it through another source like imgur?
JaffaCake
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:02 pm

No it posted -- we need Tracie or AHBD to take a look at it and see what they think
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:36 pm

It doesn't look too bad, but I'd keep a close eye on the size of it. It's possible he just bit it and it swelled up a bit shouldn't be a huge deal. If he is eating normally that's a good sign. If it starts to get larger or starts to affect his eating, then I'd have a vet check it out.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health