Scared of water

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Scared of water

Postby EHerb » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:00 am

So Rex is 3 months old I think and today woke up with half his skin hanging off round his face which was clearly annoying him so for the second or third time since we got him we ran a little bit of warm water into the sink mew are holding him as he was scared the last time but he kept trying to jump out the sink or run up our arm - he was clearly stressed as after he has some black lines on his belly so what should I do about that keep introducing the baths or leave it - loads of his skin fell off he must be feeling better in that way
EHerb
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Scared of water

Postby FandODragons » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:33 am

Hi there :) I once had a bearded dragon who hated water. Really it just comes down to the dragons personality. Some love water, and some just don't. I suggest getting a misting bottle, and every morning go ahead and spritz his head or any areas that have any shed that is loose. Don't try and force any shed off, as it could cause bleeding. Spraying your beardie every morning is also a great way to hydrate your dragon. Don't worry about your dragon being scared of water, it shouldn't cause any heath problems as long as you keep him/her hydrated! Good luck with your dragon!

Abby
SLAVE To 2 bearded dragons(Opal) and (Zayde)7 chickens (Goldie, Phil, Rose, Mable, Sweetie, Goldie and Aunt.B)2 dogs (Luna and Willow)

In loving memory of: Felix the Bearded Dragon, Daisy the Rat Terrier, Violet, Pooky, Sunny, and Henny the chickens,And Bub, my beloved 6 year old goldfish. R.I.P.<3

FandODragons
Hatchling Poster

Re: Scared of water

Postby SANDSTORMtbeardie11 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:32 am

Mine does the same thing too! He always tries to swim out and it's so cute but i still know he's trying to get out. I'm not sure what it's about but i'm trying to figure it out to.
SANDSTORMtbeardie11
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion