Tail bands sudden change-Is this bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunDragon

This morning my 2 month old beardie’s tail bands are normally gray (the lightest part) and this morning they look closer to white. I just turned on his lights not long ago so I plan to go and check again after he warms up. Is this something to be concerned about?

He just shed Oct 10-17 so I don’t think it has anything to do with shedding. His bands normally go from rings of almost black to rings of gray with an orange line running 90 degrees to the bands all the way down the tail. I can’t remember ever seeing his bands do this ever before.

First photo - normal tail;
Second and Third photo Tail this morning.
109342-9286861554.jpg

109342-4366994705.jpg

109342-4567607422.jpg

Yesterday I had to buy his crickets from a different pet store because my usual store was closed. He has only eaten those for 2 meals.

All my lighting is the same. Reptisun 10.0 UVB 24” on a 40 gal tank and a 150w basking bulb.

I don’t remember seeing this coloring last night just this morning while turning on his lights.

Any help or ideas would be so appreciated. I am getting worried.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks like shed coming on --- they turn different colors when shedding and white gray opaque are all ones that they can turn
Karrie

SunDragon

Original Poster
Thanks! Whew! I thought it couldn’t be shedding because he just shed for the first time 15-20 days ago.

We increased the size of his feeder crickets and he has been having an increased appetite- he eats so much more- compared to when we got him at 4 weeks old. And he has started to eat a little bit of the salad now too.

So really this is just a shed then. Thanks again!!!

SunDragon

Original Poster
OK so they can shed that often? That would be 2 times this month then. But I guess he is growing and eating quite a bit.

I came across some confusing information yesterday. Maybe someone knows the answer to this one. I want to order some dubias for my beardie and a lady just told me not to give young dragons dubias because of the possibility of exoskeleton buildup and compaction. I thought dubias were ok for any age??? My dragon prefers foods that crunch- I just figured that out. And I’d hate to spend money on BSFL for him to just stare at it. Dubias are ok for a 10 week old dragon, right? I’d like to switch off crickets.

Thank you both so much for your help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Information you got was wrong dragons love dubias and a far better staple feeder--- just feed appropriate size for him
Karrie

SunDragon

Original Poster
Hi loljelloclowdz,
Yes, I just bought one today and paid so much more so I could get it today instead of ordering online. The digital shows 25% while the stick on says 0. So the humidity was better than I thought. After the light is on it would drop really low. I’ve had one on order for a month now at Reptile Supply but they have really disappointed me. I ordered a few things they said were in stock just to find out 3 weeks later that they don’t have 2 items and don’t know when they will get them in. :(

Ok sorry to vent there.

Thank you for the tip though o. the hygrometer!! :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh dear dont like the sound of the slowness of Reptile Supply -- is this place out of CA and is it a wholesale place?
Karrie

SunDragon

Original Poster
Hi KarrieRee,
Yes,actually, they are wholesale out of California. Have you heard something about it or dealt with them before?

Before I ordered, they said it may take a while to ship due to covid, which I knew and was ok with. However, my frustration with them-of which I am going to let them know- is that at the time I ordered, the special bulb and stand I needed showed ‘in stock.’ It did not say, on order, sold out or back ordered. So I buy it. And then they tell me weeks later they don’t have it and not sure when it will come in from the supplier. That has nothing to do with shipping times! And I believe they only updated me because I kept inquiring. Who does business like that?! Saying they have something in stock when they don’t in fact even have it at their facility. I really don’t know what website isn’t always up to date with their inventory. They just really made a big headache for me and I am super disappointed to say the least. I completely explained more than I planned to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom