Deep breaths followed by open mouth breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsmccannon

My bearded dragon is 2 months old. My husband left for the navy this month and I moved in with his parents until he gets back. I moved my bearded dragon here with me. Before the move she was fine, but she has started to take 2-3 deep breaths then open her mouth for a second. She repeats this every few minutes. I researched a respiratory infection, and this is her only sign of it. She eats 10 crickets a day, is very active and is on a regular sleep schedule. I’m worried it might be an RI. Please help me. I don’t have any money to take her to the vet right now, my husbands check won’t come in until mid November. We love her dearly. We lost our 2 year old bearded dragon 2 years ago. I don’t know what to do. I just need to know if it’s RI. She sometimes puffs up at me other times but I know that’s from stress. This seems like she can’t breathe. I would rather her be sassy than have this infection.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pic of the tank and lighting and her- if you can get a video record in youtube post link in your message box- correct basking temps of 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stickons- they are inaccurate-- UVB should be a long tube fixture-- no Coils! We need our vet tech mod and one other person to look and advise on the breathing issue
The basking temps and the UVB are the most 2 important thing in the tank
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can often stress out when they are relocated. Does she breathe strangely just off & oner
or more often all during the day? Is her beard black?
Can you review her tank setup with us also, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, temperatures
& supplementation as well as post some pictures too. How humid is it in her tank?
What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures?
She is very young so hopefully her immune system is doing well. How often do you feed her?
At 2 months of age, she should be eating quite a bit right now. I would say that is most likely
going through a relocation stress which can last a week or two, sometimes longer.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom