Phlegm

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhhihengg

Hi guys,

Need some of your expert advise here.

I realized that my bearded dragon starts burping and like has thick gooey substance inside his mouth. Well, Not in his mouth but it seems from deeper within. His mouth and teeth seems all clear.

He tries to vigorously shake his head, which I would think trying to get perhaps the liquid out. It’s abit pinkish and sticky like gooey thing. I only saw 1 time.

Can please advise if there is a solution or what it might be?

Thanks and much appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What have you fed him? Is he breathing hard? Any noises coming from his breathing like crackling or popping noise? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? And UVB ? coil or tube ?
Karrie

zhhihengg

Original Poster
Hi Karrie,

Thank you for your response, he’s breathing normal and not heavy.

Is just that normally at night when I off the lights and when he’s about to sleep, he will have a relapse/session of it.

Some nights will have, some not. And in the day normally when the lights are on, he’s still active and runs around.

When the relapse happen is like he has liquid in his stomach and he’s trying to get it out.

His tank is running on eco terra intense basking 75w and uvb 100. Doesn’t seem to affect my other beardeds.

Some say he has a cold and to use infant baby cough/flu and mix with water?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The coil UVB's are inadequate if that is what your using---- the infant baby cough / flu I would not give until you talk w/ Tracie our vet mod and or AHBD - coil UVB's are not recommended ---
UVB
The Arcadia 12% Tube
The reptisun 10.0 Tube
The reptisun 10.0 HO Tube
UVB Fixture
For the Arcadia 12% tube, a T5 HO fluorescent fixture for the length of bulb.
For the Reptisun 10.0 tube, a T8 fluorescent fixture for the length of the bulb.
For the Reptisun 10.0 HO tube, a T5 HO fluorescent fixture for the length of the bulb.
In a market supersaturated with different types of bulbs to choose from, why is this list so small?
Simple. These three bulbs have stood the test of time. They have been proven not only effective, but safe. The MAJORITY of UVB bulbs on the market have been linked to various adverse health effects on dragons.
CFL's have been found to be the worst offenders. Under no circumstances is it a wise idea to use a CFL UVB bulb. In fact, it would be better to turn the bulb off completely and let the dragon live without UVB for awhile instead of leaving it on.

Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, unfortunately human cough syrup of any kind would be a definite no for a reptile. If he has a lot of mucous you might want a qualified vet too see him. If he's really sick he'll need antibiotics. Can you post pics of him as well as the tank + set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Also, what is the temp. throughout the tank ? With a 75 watt bulb I'm wondering if it's not warm enough in the tank.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, I recommend double checking your temperatures just to be sure they are optimal,
as improper temperatures can lead to infections & suppressed immune system function.
You could look into getting a nebulizer to use for him, to see if you can clear out any of the
mucous occurring. You can use a regular saline solution, filtered water or colloidal silver to
nebulize him with.
Do you have pictures of him also?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom