I need help with lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all the help you provided!! I would be so lost without you. I just ordered everything you said I needed. Thank you!

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
109531-3977046474.jpg
109531-9231526153.jpg
This is what I set up so far! I set up a clamp lamp so the screen couldn't disrupt the flow from the basking bulb and put the Zoo Med Thermometer. The highest temp she got in her basking area was 112(which I quickly dimmed down and it went down to a 106 for most of the day) and the lowest was 89-93(These were the averages in different spots). She seemed to really like it. I did notice that she seemed a little pale at different times today? I'm not sure if it could just be because of the lighting or if she's going into a shed though. Here's a picture:
109531-4671427729.jpg
She also has her lips parted a bit in this picture... She never does that as far as I know. I'm still waiting for the reptisun to come in

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks like shed coming on and mine do the same thing w / the lips
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks pretty good ! It might be better to put climbing log on the right on it's side so it's not so close to the uvb bulb. BTW, what are the temps. on the cool side ? That should around 75-80.

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Thank you! I measured the length between the lamp and the log/hammock and made sure it was at least 6 inches away. I will check the cold side's temp now.

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
Okay, I may have found a problem; the hottest spot in the basking area now measures 112 degrees. Is that too hot? Sometimes she basks in the problem area but most times she choses the cooler spot in her basking area. The basking spot is 8 inches away from the lamp and (For the most part) without a screen between it and the décor. My lamp has a dimmer on it but I'm not too sure if the dimmer just dims the light and not the heat aspect of it. The wattage on the bulb is 75. I believe I have a 50 watt on hand just in case

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Try turning it down the dimmer a little bit then get a temp-- nothing hotter than 110
Karrie

Impawsiblesquad

Original Poster
The reptisun came in today and my beardies colors are already becoming more bright!! I can't believe it. She looks really happy. I tried to remove the screen as much as possible but I had to leave some on or the lamp wasn't stable on it.
109531-3514124756.jpg
109531-8651690450.jpg
Does this look adequate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom