Quick question regarding her hide...

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Quick question regarding her hide...

Postby SarahGekkou » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:26 pm

So, I just recently put a dig box in my beardie's tank, but the substrate was causing a huge spike in humidity so I moved it to the cool side. To do this and still keep her hide box in the tank, I therefore had to move her hide box to the warm side. You can see in the attached photo, it's under her basking hammock (excuse the coco fiber in front of it) I never hear about hides being on the hot side, so I'm wondering if it's okay to have it there. She just finished brumation so she probably wont be using it much anyways, but is there any downsides to having it there?
[Click image to enlarge]
SarahGekkou
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Quick question regarding her hide...

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:34 pm

The coconut fiber is a NO NO --- it is toxic to dragons--- the tank looks to small she really has no floor space -- what size tank is it?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Re: Quick question regarding her hide...

Postby SarahGekkou » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:56 pm

KarrieRee wrote:The coconut fiber is a NO NO --- it is toxic to dragons--- the tank looks to small she really has no floor space -- what size tank is it?
Karrie

Any hide box guide I've found online says coco fiber is fine...

And it's a 75gallon... approx. 4'x2'x2'
SarahGekkou
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures