Quick question regarding her hide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
So, I just recently put a dig box in my beardie's tank, but the substrate was causing a huge spike in humidity so I moved it to the cool side. To do this and still keep her hide box in the tank, I therefore had to move her hide box to the warm side. You can see in the attached photo, it's under her basking hammock (excuse the coco fiber in front of it) I never hear about hides being on the hot side, so I'm wondering if it's okay to have it there. She just finished brumation so she probably wont be using it much anyways, but is there any downsides to having it there?
108046-4449206889.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The coconut fiber is a NO NO --- it is toxic to dragons--- the tank looks to small she really has no floor space -- what size tank is it?
Karrie

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":5je9cnab said:
The coconut fiber is a NO NO --- it is toxic to dragons--- the tank looks to small she really has no floor space -- what size tank is it?
Karrie
Any hide box guide I've found online says coco fiber is fine...

And it's a 75gallon... approx. 4'x2'x2'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom