Been out of the hobby for awhile, Looking to get back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD16

Juvie Member
Hi Everybody!

It's been an extremely long time since I've posted here. I've been lurking around the site heavily for the last several months on and off while I debated on whether or not I wanted to get back into bearded dragons or some other reptile. I am finally in a position where I can not only afford to be back in the hobby, but the fire and passion I had lost for it has come back more intense than ever. I have been keeping my eye on all the reputable breeder websites but always seem to never be able to act quick enough because they sell out within days of new beardies being posted. I also have been checking craigslist and my local 4sale sites. I have taken in special needs and rescue bearded dragons in the past and have been rather successful. Someone currently has what they're calling an "orange" bearded dragon (i assume some type of tangerine or fire morph) with "a $90 tank" for $100 OBRO. The dragon is currently on green carpet and I see 3 light fixtures in the picture, all of which are black domes, So I can only assume if any of those 3 have a UVB bulb in it, It's a coil bulb and would need to be replaced immediately. I guess my only worry is that you don't always know the true background of the previous owners care or their medical care/history/issues or lack thereof with the bearded dragon. She seems like she's in relatively good shape other than maybe being a little on the thin side.

Should I jump on this opportunity? I'll leave the link below.

Thank you in advance!

https://ocala.craigslist.org/grd/d/ocala-orange-bearded-dragon/7200653618.html

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He needs to be rescued and if you have the means to do it do it
Karrie

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I've emailed, I'm waiting for a reply from the poster.. It says to text but there's no number to text anywhere on the ad so I can only hope they check their email and get back to me.

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I unfortunately missed out on her as he appears to have rehomed her today. Ohh well, I guess this one wasn't meant to be. I'm going to keep my eye out though.

Draven88

Hatchling Member
Sorry to hear you missed out on the one you posted. Since you are having trouble finding ones available on breeders you know, you may want to check out https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/lizards/bearded-dragons/index I went through there for my Wero. More specifically with this seller https://www.morphmarket.com/stores/andrews_reptiles_llc/?cat=bds who has 1 beardie currently available. I had a great experience with Andrew, but there are a lot of sellers with great reviews (if you look for Breeder: on the right and click that you can then click to see all their reviews)

Its also very easy to narrow down to morph/traits you would like. Hope it helps.

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the suggestion! I always forget about morph market for some reason. I am a little sad that I missed out on the one I posted but I'm going to take it as a sign that it just wasn't meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom