Where does your beardie sleep?

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Where does your beardie sleep?

Postby SarahBancroft » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:35 am

Just curious if anyone else’s beardie actually sleeps in their own bed? I recently got my first beardie and my husband made me and little 2 level platform with a ramp to use for some shaded areas on the cool side. It ended up looking like a little set of bunk beds so I decided to make a couple little “mattresses” and blankets to set on them just for fun. It looked adorable but I never assumed my babe would actually use them appropriately. Fast forward a few days to the first time she fell asleep cuddling with my outside of her tank. I decided to put her into the bed when I put her back and cover her up to see if she liked being cozy. She looked so cute and to my surprise was still right there when I got up then next day! She has now slept there every single night since then. It’s the cutest thing ever! 🤣🥰 Anyone else have a smilies story?
One of these images is when she first went to bed and the other is her waking up 🤗
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
SarahBancroft
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Where does your beardie sleep?

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:10 pm

:lol: cute --- my dragons sleep all over the tank - sometimes in their hides w / their blankets to lay on
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby SarahBancroft » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:57 pm

How many do you have, Karrie?
SarahBancroft
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:10 pm

2-- they have separate tanks same size and basically set up the same way-- they have fleece blankets w/ their names on them
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby SarahBancroft » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:44 am

Cute!! 🥰
SarahBancroft
Newbie Poster

Postby MariosDad » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:04 pm

Love the bunk beds!
Mario tends to climb up and sleep in his "wall bush" when it's hot, otherwise he sleeps on (or under) his basking spot.
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 NEW puppy (Ember), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby SarahBancroft » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:11 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Thanks, Mariosdad 😊 Here’s how she goes to sleep before I put her into bed. She might be a little spoiled already 😂 And how about that fat baby belly? Didn’t realize what eating machines the babies are!!
SarahBancroft
Newbie Poster

Postby MariosDad » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:00 pm

Oh yeah they are! Mario was eating 200-300 bugs every week a while ago! He’s just over 6 months, it’s crazy. Last week he topped 400! We keep the cost down by having a dubia roach colony and switching on and off between those and BSFL every few days.
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 NEW puppy (Ember), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby SarahBancroft » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:08 am

I had been doing crickets which was gross and endless so I just got on a weekly ordering of dubia roaches..although I think I have to up it because I got 100 on Monday and they got finished off last night 😳 Guess maybe I’ll need 200 next time lol.
SarahBancroft
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:27 am

Make sure your feeding salads and I would get some BSFL for him - they are another great staple feeder and it will slow him down on the dubias-- you can also order worms for him super worms and - butter worms are good and the only place I know that has them is www.mulberryfarms.com and they are spend on shipping -- but you can go look --- I would add them to his salads in front of him to get him to the salad bowl first thing in the morning
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby SarahBancroft » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:42 am

Thanks for replying, Karrie! I actually took your advise from a different thread about using the bugs to lure her to the salad and it’s worked like a charm! She has a salad every morning and I’ve even caught her eating it without bugs now. (She LOVES collards)
I also saw you had suggested dubiaroaches.com before (I promise I’m not a stalker you just seem to really know your stuff 😂 ) so I set up a reoccurring order for dubia and horn worms through them. Do you recommend I add bsfl to the order as well?
SarahBancroft
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:15 am

I would try her on them you can get them from dubia they are called nutri grubs - or another good place is www.symtonbsf.com -- its up to you --- they are small so order large- I had fed those to Blaze to get him hand tamed -- and the super worms I fed off the tongs - so he is will eat from your hand and the tongs and the bowl -- so you can try them -- you can keep them on your counter for a few weeks- if they happen to turn to flys you can still feed them to the dragon - but it usually takes weeks before they turn that way
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby SarahBancroft » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:32 am

Thanks for the info!! 😊
SarahBancroft
Newbie Poster

Postby KimberleyAnne » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:30 am

Our Yoshi sleeps in his “bedroom,” which is a wicker basket from Ikea with a fleece beardie bed we got on Etsy in it. He really seems to love it and, to be honest, it looks comfier than my own bed so I’m a little jealous sometimes :mrgreen: He’ll go in there at different times of the day for a snooze or to get away from his annoying pets (us)
[Click image to enlarge]
KimberleyAnne
Newbie Poster

Postby SarahBancroft » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:14 am

KimberleyAnne, I love it!! So cute 🤗
SarahBancroft
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Next

Return to Beardie Tales