Where does your beardie sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if anyone else’s beardie actually sleeps in their own bed? I recently got my first beardie and my husband made me and little 2 level platform with a ramp to use for some shaded areas on the cool side. It ended up looking like a little set of bunk beds so I decided to make a couple little “mattresses” and blankets to set on them just for fun. It looked adorable but I never assumed my babe would actually use them appropriately. Fast forward a few days to the first time she fell asleep cuddling with my outside of her tank. I decided to put her into the bed when I put her back and cover her up to see if she liked being cozy. She looked so cute and to my surprise was still right there when I got up then next day! She has now slept there every single night since then. It’s the cutest thing ever! ?? Anyone else have a smilies story?
One of these images is when she first went to bed and the other is her waking up ?
109037-9780056946.jpg
109037-3177846247.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
:lol: cute --- my dragons sleep all over the tank - sometimes in their hides w / their blankets to lay on
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
2-- they have separate tanks same size and basically set up the same way-- they have fleece blankets w/ their names on them
Karrie

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Love the bunk beds!
Mario tends to climb up and sleep in his "wall bush" when it's hot, otherwise he sleeps on (or under) his basking spot.

SarahBancroft

Original Poster
109037-5606923387.jpg
Thanks, Mariosdad ? Here’s how she goes to sleep before I put her into bed. She might be a little spoiled already ? And how about that fat baby belly? Didn’t realize what eating machines the babies are!!

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Oh yeah they are! Mario was eating 200-300 bugs every week a while ago! He’s just over 6 months, it’s crazy. Last week he topped 400! We keep the cost down by having a dubia roach colony and switching on and off between those and BSFL every few days.

SarahBancroft

Original Poster
I had been doing crickets which was gross and endless so I just got on a weekly ordering of dubia roaches..although I think I have to up it because I got 100 on Monday and they got finished off last night ? Guess maybe I’ll need 200 next time lol.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Make sure your feeding salads and I would get some BSFL for him - they are another great staple feeder and it will slow him down on the dubias-- you can also order worms for him super worms and - butter worms are good and the only place I know that has them is www.mulberryfarms.com and they are spend on shipping -- but you can go look --- I would add them to his salads in front of him to get him to the salad bowl first thing in the morning
Karrie

SarahBancroft

Original Poster
Thanks for replying, Karrie! I actually took your advise from a different thread about using the bugs to lure her to the salad and it’s worked like a charm! She has a salad every morning and I’ve even caught her eating it without bugs now. (She LOVES collards)
I also saw you had suggested dubiaroaches.com before (I promise I’m not a stalker you just seem to really know your stuff ? ) so I set up a reoccurring order for dubia and horn worms through them. Do you recommend I add bsfl to the order as well?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would try her on them you can get them from dubia they are called nutri grubs - or another good place is www.symtonbsf.com -- its up to you --- they are small so order large- I had fed those to Blaze to get him hand tamed -- and the super worms I fed off the tongs - so he is will eat from your hand and the tongs and the bowl -- so you can try them -- you can keep them on your counter for a few weeks- if they happen to turn to flys you can still feed them to the dragon - but it usually takes weeks before they turn that way
Karrie

Our Yoshi sleeps in his “bedroom,” which is a wicker basket from Ikea with a fleece beardie bed we got on Etsy in it. He really seems to love it and, to be honest, it looks comfier than my own bed so I’m a little jealous sometimes :mrgreen: He’ll go in there at different times of the day for a snooze or to get away from his annoying pets (us)
99964-2113790466.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom