Healthy or clogged femoral pores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jme1210

Hi! I just recently learned about my bearded dragons femoral pores after caring for him for 2 1/2 years. I feel horrible for not learning about them sooner, however there’s not much talk of them on the internet. I am obsessing over whether Philip’s femoral pores are healthy or clogged. It is SO hard to find photos of healthy pores on the internet. I hope one of you can help me! Thanks!!!
Also, I’m so sorry that i’m holding him by his tail. I promise he doesn’t really care when i do that he was just laying down on my boyfriend and I was trying to get a good photo of them LOL
108849-6728138458.jpg

WinFam01

Juvie Member
Sorry, I don't know anything about femoral pores either, but wanted to see if you can post another back end shot at a bit of a diff angle so someone can verify that he's male.
The way you have the tail raised is good for getting a sexing pic, just can't see the bulges a male would have. And I'm sure you don't do it all the time. ;)
And hopefully someone else will chime in about the pores.

jme1210

Original Poster
He’s not a girl, I know that lol. The lumps aren’t that prominent on him but when i shine a light through the bottom of his tail you can see that he’s male! But thank you!! I was hoping his pores were okay. I was stressing about them for a while haha

saraho

Hatchling Member
I wondered the same thing. Charlie is 2, and I just adopted him a few months ago. I've been working on his enclosure and I'm being mom-paranoid about his overall health. His dark tail tip made me worry about tail rot (it's always been dark, per the previous owner) and there were some big questions about his sex....then I discovered there was such a thing as femoral ducts and sperm plugs. Charlie belongs to the library where I work, but I'm the "mom" who takes care of him. We've bonded and I want him happy and healthy. It's almost worse than having two teenage daughters at home! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom