Yellow fungus or???

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Yellow fungus or???

Postby Banjobeardie » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:54 am

Hi, I am a new dragon owner and I was given my baby for christmas without much time to prepare or research, Banjo is seven months old, and by the looks of it a female but im unsure. To be fully honest and transparent their husbandry sucks, bonjo is around 15 inches stuck in a 20 gallon that came with those sketchy starter kits. I recently earned enough money to give them a 120 gallon zen habitats tank (to give them enough room to grow and entertain themselves for when I inevitably have to go back to school), which i plan on ordering soon. Since the husbandry is not up to standard, I take them out frequently so they can get some physical activity. They have been eating and pooping normal (about every other day)and i bathe them as well as clean their tank weekly with a vinegar and water solution (though please feel free to suggest any important products). I was originally weary of posting on here in fear of scrutiny, but my baby is more important than my ego. Anyways to the problem: I've noticed some yellow belly scales which I initially shrugged off as normal because they were few and not in a localized area. The yellow scales are still mostly scattered but there are some groupings, they also look a little dry. I tend to think the worst when it comes to my baby's health but better safe than sorry. file:///C:/Users/Kayden/Downloads/IMG-3208.jpg - hopefully this link works I don't know how to upload pictures on here. Any and all criticism is welcome and needed.
Banjobeardie
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Yellow fungus or???

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:00 am

You have one dragon in a 20 gallon tank? Or you have moved them ? into a Zen? Please post pics of the dragon
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post ---- please go over the set up for the tank esp UVB brand and bulb -- how are you getting basking temps NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Banjobeardie » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:21 am

sorry for lack of clarification, they are still currently in the 20 gallon.I use a zoo med 75 watt basking lamp and a Fluckers sunglow 10 UVB that I replaced in may. I use a zoomed thermostat that I plug the heat mat into (which I plan on replacing with a CHE), and the ambient temp ranges from low to mid eighties and the basking spot is in the nineties. I'll try to upload that picture ASAP.
Banjobeardie
Newbie Poster

Postby Banjobeardie » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:22 am

[Click image to enlarge]
Banjobeardie
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:44 am

That looks like normal coloring to me. Nothing to worry about. Sometimes they have single scales like that which are a different color or appear dryer than the ones around them and it doesn't pose a problem.
CooperDragon

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:04 pm

I would get rid of the heat mat -- dragons heat from their backs not their stomachs --- also your UVB is not really a good one --- I would upgrade that now to a Zoo Med 24" fixture -- it comes w/a 5.0 bulb which will be perfect for the tank hes in now -- but to be honest you need that bigger tank now -- he is way too big to be in it --- you can look here for the fixture https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/wholesa ... o-med.html I would call them to find out how fast they ship out
That fixture is the one you need for the Zen -- it will go right into it ---
Everyone is pretty much out of stock --- this place I posted is the only one that I know has it for now you can try Amazon
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Banjobeardie » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Thank you guys so much, and I'll get right on ordering that fixture alongside that new enclosure. Banjo thanks you too![Click image to enlarge]
Banjobeardie
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:34 pm

When you get the new tank your gonna want to get the Reptisun 10.0 bulb for the Zen- the 5.0 bulb will need to be approx 6-8 inches from basking decor on the 20 gallon tank--- no obstruction- unless your tank is falling below 65 at nite you do not need a CHE
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER