This lighting setup okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsoto

Long story short, my old Zoomed T5 Hood bit the bullet taking along its T5 10.0 Reptisun. It lasted four months total. Very sad.

So I got a new fixture from Pangea (man, it is way less bulkier than the Zoomed) and this time an Arcadia 12% T5, along with an idea for enclosure rearrangement.

For the Arcadia, I keep hearing mention about having to have it directly above 12" from the basking decor. How are angles taken into account...?

I believe Ori has a gradient available with his favorite tree decor, because if he's at the center of it he'd be 12" away. However he has gotten into the habit of laying on its end as pictured below, with its slight elevation making him 10" to it. I can fix this problem by moving the fixture more toward the left though.

But as you can see this is all at an angle and not directly above him. I know light obviously goes everywhere and not straight down, but will it hurt his eyes if I keep it this way?

As much as I like the Zen Habitat, those cursed bars on the screen make it hard to attach fixtures to places you want. I'm also considering getting an 14% instead and putting it directly above the mesh.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Move the decor piece its easier to maneuver--- the 14% bulbs are very strong so it is up to you -- you will need to lower the basking decor for a 14% bulb - they require 24" for basking here is a pic of my Zen w/ a 14% in there now it is approx 18 inches from the UVB --next month I am going to the Reptisun 10 T 5 since I could not get any 12% Arcadias -- they were out of stock so my fixture is going to haft to get lowered down to the 12-15 inches --
97951-8462642594.jpg
the UVB is to the front of the tank approx in the middle
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom