Creased eyelid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxxzy

Just wondering about it and don’t know if its completely normal but recently my beardie’s eyelid has started to look a little strange. Nothing bad like what ADV or an eye infection looks like but its just a little crease in it. His other eye is normal.
106018-9122272762.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is it a Reptisun T 8? Where in the tank is it and is there a plastic cover over the bulb? If there is take it off-- placement is key here-- where is it?
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3ng1z5w5 said:
Is it a Reptisun T 8? Where in the tank is it and is there a plastic cover over the bulb? If there is take it off-- placement is key here-- where is it?
Karrie

Yes its a ReptiSun T8 10.0 18”. It doesn’t have a plastic cover.
Attached is an image if the setup where you can see the placement of the UV.
106018-506795580.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so have you moved it or is it still on the backwall- I would look at moving your uvb over him - I am not sure if the UVB is causing the eye issue-- but you do not want the UVB shining in his eyes and that can cause eye issues-- it might straighten out the poop issues as well--
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3v6hpze2 said:
Ok so have you moved it or is it still on the backwall- I would look at moving your uvb over him - I am not sure if the UVB is causing the eye issue-- but you do not want the UVB shining in his eyes and that can cause eye issues-- it might straighten out the poop issues as well--
Karrie

Not moved it yet. I am going to tomorrow hopefully. Do you mean above him as in using a hood? I have an update on the thread for his pooping issues. The eye crease seems to just be a physical characteristic so do I even need to think of it as an issue?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not if it's a characteristic but I think the UVB would help getting it directly over him - if you can move the bulb and reflector that would be more beneficial to him
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":v5q5vo6u said:
Not if it's a characteristic but I think the UVB would help getting it directly over him - if you can move the bulb and reflector that would be more beneficial to him
Karrie

Then would that mean buying a hood? How do hoods work?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hoods have reflectors in them - well the ones you buy specifically for aquatics/ reptiles - they are beneficial to the dragon because of this -- having to mess around w/ aluminum foil would be a pain but to each his own - the reflector intensifies the UVB rays for better health reasons - you can look here for a reflector www.http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/miscellaneous-accessories/arcadia-flourescent-lamp-reflectors-new-hot/ this one comes w/ 5.0 bulb which is more for aquarium use - and of course its out of stock
You would need this bulb 10.0 T 5 bulb - 22" for a 24" fixture ---
I would not get a fixture the same length of the tank - 24" ones work good for 40+ gallon tanks
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":124xjwjs said:
Hoods have reflectors in them - well the ones you buy specifically for aquatics/ reptiles - they are beneficial to the dragon because of this -- having to mess around w/ aluminum foil would be a pain but to each his own - the reflector intensifies the UVB rays for better health reasons - you can look here for a reflector www.http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/miscellaneous-accessories/arcadia-flourescent-lamp-reflectors-new-hot/ this one comes w/ 5.0 bulb which is more for aquarium use - and of course its out of stock
You would need this bulb 10.0 T 5 bulb - 22" for a 24" fixture ---
I would not get a fixture the same length of the tank - 24" ones work good for 40+ gallon tanks
Karrie

Do most hoods have slots for heat bulbs in them as well? If i were to get a hood, I wouldn’t have space for his heat bulbs as I don’t have a front opening tank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No it is just a UVB -- what size tank? It is not necessary to have the UVB and heat bulb next to one another --- you can place your UVB in the center of the tank towards the front and have the basking bulb to the back corner - as long as the dragon can sit directly underneath it w/ certain distances for bulbs the T 5 can sit on top of the screen w/ decor 8-10 inches under it - the T 8 would haft to go inside the tank as they are not strong enough to go thru the screen ---
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":353g20rz said:
No it is just a UVB -- what size tank? It is not necessary to have the UVB and heat bulb next to one another --- you can place your UVB in the center of the tank towards the front and have the basking bulb to the back corner - as long as the dragon can sit directly underneath it w/ certain distances for bulbs the T 5 can sit on top of the screen w/ decor 8-10 inches under it - the T 8 would haft to go inside the tank as they are not strong enough to go thru the screen ---
Karrie

Its a 40 gallon. I’m confused; how can I put the UVB towards the front if I can’t attach it to the top of the tank and I also cant put it inside a hood because I have a top-opening tank.
Could you send me a photo of what something like what you are describing is supposed to look like?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
97951-4086785400.jpg
This is what I mean --- this is a 40 gallon tank w/ a top opening
Karrie

galaxxzy

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ys4mzla said:
97951-4086785400.jpg
This is what I mean --- this is a 40 gallon tank w/ a top opening
Karrie

Oh I see, you have everything on the inside. How do you open it with the hood in the way? Also, I think his eye may have gotten worse. It could just be shedding seeming as though he has a little bit of skin hanging from his eye but its bulging a little bit now. Here’s a photo:
106018-2334205099.jpg
Just one eye is like this, and only this eye is closed. He can open it, and most of the time it is open, but even when he does its still not as open as the other eye. Shedding? Eye infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom