Not interested in Eating

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

Re: Not interested in Eating

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:23 am

Get him outside for some good UVB -- if he is a baby I would suggest a plastic tote NO Glass -- babies tend to jump and think they can fly so I would have him sit on you but I dont want you to lose him -- so w/ that being said get him outside place him in some direct sun/ partial shade for 15 minutes NO LONGER you do not want to burn him up and watch him --- you can do this several times per day --- 15 minutes equals out to about 4 hrs of UVB -- see if he will start eating after that - you can do this till his UVB comes in --- did you get your basking temps straightend out? You can get some wax worms but feed those just like the rest 1-3 -- maybe a couple of meal worms 1-2 -- the exoskeleton on them is harsh and I dont want him impacted from eating too many --
Let me know how it goes
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Fayster » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Thank you Karrie...will keep you posted.
Fayster
Newbie Poster

Postby WinFam01 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:08 pm

We have the Thrive tank and had to go to a 150 watt bulb to get through that thick screen.
But that was because we needed to get it to about 105 for a baby. Now she's 7 months and has a strong preference for 95, which was about the warmest we could get the top of the 'mountain'.
So you said you got this tank about a month ago...what was he in before and with what lighting?
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

Postby Fayster » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:24 am

It came with a 100 watt bulb. We just purchased 150 watt yesterday. I am thinking with the AC in the room it probably plays a role too getting the heat up. We are trying the 150 today and see what happens.
Fayster
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby WinFam01 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Yes I don't think the company tested those screens with 100 watts. At least it comes with the bigger sizes dome.
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:54 am

I found this site for silk worms and horn worms and dubias etc -- I have ordered off of them and wanted to pass it on - they are reasonable on shipping -- www.hornworms.com I did get a email saying they are slow w/ the super worms and have requested they send the rest of my order w/ out them
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby Fayster » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:54 pm

Thank s Karrie..great site..I am about to order silkworms..how many should we be giving in a day?
Fayster
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:05 pm

They are slow to send out -- backed up w/ orders I guess --- I would feed him 3-4 depending on how big the worm is --- I would feed him another staple besides the silk if they are small --- I have also recently found another site for silks and I got that order in 2-3 days they send Fed Ex -- they also send w/ food
www.xyzreptiles.com
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Behavior