Help mee

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got 2 new baby beardies there almost 3 months. Today they seemed fine this morning then my little siblings came and played with them later on they were cuddling on me and my one dragon and kind of a liquid poop ( he’s also shedding and they picked some of his shedding off) the then flattened out really flat and was licking the sides of his mouth I put some water drops because I thought he was thirsty and he jus put his head down ( like nose to my shirt) and wasn’t being very active they are now sleeping in there tank I’m just scared something is wrong they are my first dragons. Please if you have any advice it would be gratefully appreciated!!!

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
As someone currently with diarrhea going on for 2 days, I can imagine that he probably just wants to rest. Make sure you are using the proper lighting, are feeding him correctly, and that you make sure he’s not dehydrated. (Sorry, my head hurts a lot for reasons mentioned, but I can’t imagine he’s feeling great, either. I’m sure he will be fine, but the mods will have to fill in.)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are they housed together currently?
When you first bring them home they will have relocation stress most likely which can affect
their digestive system. Have you fed them anything?
We normally recommend letting their shed come off naturally without picking or peeling it off,
for them. Sometimes you can help if it is stuck but you don't want to prematurely peel the skin
off because it can damage the skin.
If you have any pictures, please post them so we can see the tank setup, etc.

Tracie

Beardiemomma02

Original Poster
The are housed together right now as they were together when we bought them I’m just at work so I will have to send a picture later. I’ve been feeding them crickets and meal worm and they had some “salad” Just lettuce but I’m going to get them kale today and Phoenix worms I read are good for them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your going to want to separate them ASAP - dragons need their own space and are a dominant animal - please NO more lettuce or meal worms - the lettuce has no nutritional value and meal worms the exo skeleton is too hard on their stomachs -- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Your going to need 2 setups for them --- NO COIL UVB's especially in a 40+ gallon tank they are NO good - you need a fixture a 24" preferably w / reflectors and Reptisun 10.0 T '5 bulb's those are the best on the market at this time -- good basking temps of 105-110 for babies taken w / a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- NO colored bulbs or yellowish bulbs -- bright white basking bulbs--
Phoenix worms or also known as BSFL calci worms or nutri grubs are a good staple feeder for babies and good lures to the salad bowls -- you might want to supplement the worms w/ dubia roaches -- if you need websites to order from please ask your going to need a lot of worms and dubias etc to feed two babies
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom